Question about 2002 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Hi, Joe and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yamaha FZX 700 86 to 87 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Feb 04, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: no spark on my dt50 1986
Check the on/off switch for corrosion.Cleanit and use dielectric grease on it. If this still doesnt help,then check the stator and make sure the keyway key hasnt sheared off. If it hasnt,then do a stator test on the stator to make sure the stator is good.
Posted on Sep 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Mar 29, 2014 | 1986 Chevrolet Celebrity
Dec 02, 2012 | 1986 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Oct 01, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
May 20, 2012 | Yamaha FZR 600 Motorcycles
Jan 26, 2011 | 1986 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Jan 14, 2010 | 1987 Yamaha FZX 750
Nov 05, 2009 | 1986 Volkswagen Golf
Oct 05, 2009 | 1986 Honda CB 700 SC Nighthawk
Feb 20, 2018 | 2005 Bajaj Wind 125
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: