Question about 2002 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
When you turn key the dash has one solid red light@
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous it should be noted that the reasons your FI light stays on constantly or flashes and your bike will or will not start and may turn over or not, these conditions will vary from bike to bike depending on the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work done to the bike or an abnormal event occurrence IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying the bike down/crashes, rain storms/bike washings just before FI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin. The newer the bike the more sensitive the ECM becomes and will not let the bike start when aftermarket accessories have been installed without being reprogrammed. That being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. A discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty safety switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
6. Installation of aftermarket accessories ie. exhaust systems, mufflers, air cleaners, fuel tuners, electrical component etc.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Honda Motorcycles Fault Codes
Honda CBR600F4I 2001 Service Manual
Honda CBR600F4i Owner Manual
Posted on Nov 04, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you have a fi fault revmove the seat cowl on the left hand sise you will see the cdi unit (black box with wires going to it) you should see a black conector with two wires going to it bridge the wires with a pice of wire or split pin turn the igntion switch on and count the blinks one long one means ten recored the the blinks and phone a dealer and ask them for the fault code.to reset the the light pull out the bridge and the light should stay on or blink repeted turn off the switch make sure the kill switch is set to run hope this helps
Posted on Oct 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2016 | 2001 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
Jun 18, 2012 | 2006 Honda CBR 600 F4i
May 29, 2012 | 2006 Honda CBR 600 F4i
May 06, 2012 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 F4i
Dec 24, 2017 | 2002 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
Jun 14, 2010 | 2001 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
Oct 29, 2009 | 2002 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
Nov 10, 2008 | 2001 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i Rossi
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: