Question about 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300
The bike has a misfiring sound immediatleyright through the gears, but plenty of power, misfire is very intermittment when rev slowly and hold at revs gives of this blipping noise, misfire?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor damaged, contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Fuel filter clogged.
14. Old or contaminated fuel.
15. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
16. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
18. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
19. Incorrect valve timing.
20. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
21. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
22. Incompatible performance parts.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
2007 FJR1300 Low speed misfire
Engine Misfiring Engine Carbs
Yamaha FJR1300R Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Yamaha FJR1300R Owner Manual
Posted on Feb 05, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
how are your intake and exhaust valves? are they set to specs? my racing quad use to do that. so i set the valves to spec and whala!!!!better than ever.
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2016 | 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300 AS
Aug 08, 2015 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Mar 12, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300
Feb 08, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300
Jan 03, 2011 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Oct 04, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha TT-R 250
May 04, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300 A
Mar 26, 2009 | 1989 Yamaha FZR 1000
Nov 20, 2008 | 2008 Yamaha XT 660 X
Jan 06, 2018 | Sym Motorcycles
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: