Question about 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
dead motorcycle GL1200 Information Questions goldwingdocs com
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 04, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The sprag clutch that kicks the starter gear into the flywheel is not engaging. This may involve splitting the engine/transmission case if you have to clean or replace that mechanism. I have had success running CD-2 as described here. You might try that before tearing into the bike.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
for a detailed manual, you would have to buy a yamaha shop manual for service mechanics. many ppl buy these, as dealership mechanics need this for complete repairs.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2017 | 1996 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
May 11, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Mar 09, 2012 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
May 18, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Apr 16, 2011 | 1996 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Sep 21, 2010 | 1989 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Aug 20, 2010 | 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
May 25, 2010 | 1989 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: