Question about 2009 Yamaha TTR230
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
TTR 225 03 won start no spark
Yamaha TT R230Y Owner Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha TTR250V Owner Manual
Posted on Feb 05, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check stator ac output 1st.check pulse coil next. find cdi box to try next.other possibles- ign coil, try unscrewing plug cap & trimming about 1/4" off coil wire. check spark w/ cap off. finally could be wiring.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Ok I'm going to start with the standard follow the wires and check all connections routine as they can vibrate lose. Then the curve ball. Check your kickstand kill switch with a continuity tester. Even though you may see it move the electrical connection may not be completing and opening. Finally if it all checks out it may be your coil or worse your ignition module.
Posted on May 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2017 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
Mar 20, 2014 | 2002 Yamaha TT-R 250
Nov 29, 2017 | 2007 Yamaha TTR 230
Sep 21, 2013 | 2004 Yamaha TT-R 225
Dec 19, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha TTR230
Dec 11, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
Oct 12, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
May 27, 2011 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
Oct 01, 2009 | 2005 Yamaha TT-R 125 L
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: