Question about Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King Classic Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap to close or to wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose connections at battery terminals,
ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust vale.
For a prime suspect please visit website below and good luck:
Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley...
Posted on May 20, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Perform a compression test on both cylinders. If there is a significant difference between the two you may have a stuck ring or stuck valve from sitting.
Posted on Oct 01, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 02, 2014 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Sep 11, 2013 | Motorcycles
Oct 01, 2012 | Motorcycles
Aug 23, 2012 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRCI Road...
Jun 10, 2011 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHRS - FLHRSI Road...
Jun 05, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king
Apr 09, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king
May 16, 2010 | 2006 Harley Davidson FLHR Road king
May 28, 2009 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRCI Road...
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: