Question about 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Hi, Zachary and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
18. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Bike won start
2000 2001 Yamaha YZF R1 Service Manual R1 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 24, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the fuel tap may be causing to problem, if it doesnt turn off it can also flood the engine over night and allow fuel into the sump which then vaporises as it gets hot and the breather allows this fuel back through the air cleaner causing rich mixture
Posted on May 07, 2011
SOURCE: r1 99 has trouble
you have a problem with the alternator or the rectifier, its not easy to explain test procedures to people , and i recommend taking the bike to a dealer to have it tested.
Posted on Sep 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2014 | 1993 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Aug 29, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 28, 2011 | 2008 Toyota Prius
Aug 15, 2011 | 2001 GMC Yukon Denali
Aug 08, 2011 | BMW 750 Cars & Trucks
Aug 04, 2011 | 1995 Chevrolet Lumina
Jul 28, 2011 | 1997 Nissan 200SX
Jun 26, 2011 | 2006 Dodge Charger
Jun 01, 2011 | 1991 Lexus LS 400
Jul 24, 2009 | 1999 Kia Sephia
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: