Question about Ducati Motorcycles
Bike turns over but wont start?
Hi, Suzy and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
8. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2 and/or BAS).
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue and valuable free downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
05 800ss wont start
Ducati 800SS Repair Manual Download Download Manuals Technical
Ducati OEM Parts Fiche Lookup and Online Ordering
Posted on Feb 29, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: my keeway wont start
Check the fuses. Is the kill switch on or shorting out? Disconnect it and then check for spark. Sidestand/centerstand should be up, Got a good battery?
I am unfamiliar with your Keeway and just trying to help. Don't give me a bad rating if I miss the mark on this one. Thanks.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
The spark plug is in the center of the cylinder head you will have to remove the gas tank to get to it. When you change the plug put a little gas down the hole that should help it start after sitting for so long.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
SOURCE: engine turns over but wont start
could that be a possible fuel line crack? or the pet **** is fouled up. i got the same problem found 1/2 in crack in the fuel line. from trying to start it before i found the crack i dryed out the carbs. im a girl and its my first bike just learning
Posted on Oct 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2014 | 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Aug 03, 2013 | 2006 Ducati Sport 1000
Nov 03, 2012 | 2008 Ducati Multistrada 1100
Oct 27, 2012 | Ducati Motorcycles
Jun 25, 2012 | 2006 Ducati Monster S2R
Apr 02, 2012 | Ducati Motorcycles
May 07, 2011 | Ducati Monster S2R Motorcycles
Apr 17, 2011 | 2002 Ducati 750 Sport
Apr 01, 2011 | 2005 Ducati Monster 620
Dec 21, 2010 | Ducati Monster S2R Motorcycles
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!