Hope you can help :) The battery on my zzr1100 went dead during the week (it is also fitted with a Laserline 860 alarm), i replaced it and the alarm works fine, can be armed and disarmed and the engine starts but the indicator lights are constantly on and will not switch off (I have disconnected the battery so it doesn't waste the new battery). What can i do to fix this problem? many thanks Paul
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: indicators on constant since battery was replaced
Appreciate the quick postback.
Let's try process of elimination:
could not be the fuse marked TURN 10 A, there is power to the signal/turn lights;
could not be the turn switched, it will be either one but not both at the same time;
but it could be the flasher relay (flasher can or indicator relay). In some Kawasakis, they would be right beside the starter relay. And since you replaced the battery, which is right next to it, possibly dislodged/disconnected the connector at the bottom. Might as well check the ground wires.
Alternately, it could be any of the connectors slightly pulled/disconnected within the same area.
Should this not address the issue or if the flasher relay be not there would appreciate updates (for any developments or even the lack thereof).
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yeah, I agree that the relay is probably working...but my thought is that the only way you can burn out 4 glow plugs in a week is if the signal going to the relay is screwed up, and the glow plugs are on until they burn out... Did you have a battery problem during that week? Need to recharge or replace it? That could be a clue.... Or if you went on long journeys during that time where the alternator managed to compensate for the drain.....
Possible causes for a dead battery or battery that doesn't hold charge
1. Battery has lost its ability to hold a charge, (dead battery)
2. Charging system on unit has failed (battery cables, alternator, or alternator control board)
3. Stuck key on the display is causing a constant draw from the battery.
We recommend to visually inspect your machine to make sure no wires are damaged or loose also.
The heat from the fireplace can have an adverse effect on the life of the batteries. Sometimes simply re-positioning the receiver to a cooler location under the firebox and/or adding a heat-shield can improve battery performance with the Skytech remote receivers. As a test, you could even place the receiver outside the fireplace for a period of time to gauge the effect of heat on the unit.
"For REMOTE RECEIVERS that operate on BATTERY POWER, these heat conditions can cause batteries to discharge when temperatures exceed 115 degrees F. Studies show that alkaline batteries, when exposed to a constant temperature of 120 degrees F, can lose up to 50% of their operating power. When the battery cools down, it will partially recharge itself, but constant heating and cooling will reduce the battery's normal life expectancy."
the gas gauge is on the fuel pump assembly with in the fuel tank, you must have bumped it during reassembly. the only solution is removal. pull it out check for alignment and binding, reassemble being very careful. hope this helps.
I am guessing heat can only come from discharging the battery in a non-intentional way. Short circuit or something internal.
Did you plug it into something besides the connector it came with? An FM transmitter for the iPod killed mine. Hard reset, wall charging, USB charge, iTunes restore, replaced the battery ... still dead. Considering how hot it gets, (could be a fire hazard?) surprised Apple doesn't issue a notice or warning.