Question about 2003 Honda CRF 230 F
My crf230f won't cdi wire has been cut, starter works but there is no spark @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
How to fix No Spark Problem on Motorcycles and Dirt Bikes
CRF230F service manual repair 2003 2015 CRF230 Download Manuals Technical $15
HONDA CRF230F Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Dec 07, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: no spark 110cc engine wont start
Check the fuses. Next, check for spark but with a new spark plug. How good is the battery? If needed, add water to the battery cells enough to cover the top of the cell plates.Try a jump start from your car battery. Is the kill switch on? Check the operation of the ignition switch with a volt ohmmeter. You should be getting power into and out of the ignition switch.
If the bike doesn't start and run properly check the side stand kill switch. It kills the engine so that you don’t start out with the side stand down. Broken or out of adjustment, it would kill the spark. Check for a broken wire at the switch or coupler. Get a service manual and check out the electrical section. Some bikes have a diode integrated into the turn signal relay. Try moving the kill switch by hand. If that doesn’t work then wire a jumper around the switch to bypass it. If that doesn’t work, check out the relay.
Check the wiring harness. Did a wire come unplugged? Are all wires clean and with solid connections? Any abraded or pinched wires? Is the bike in neutral and the neutral light is lit up? If no neutral light, check the neutral switch and neutral switch wire on center casing.
Please rate this answer. Thanks
Posted on May 28, 2009
SOURCE: my honda 2002 xr200 wont start
Make sure first that you have full getting in the cylinder .
also if the fuel is old , replace it .
the timing could be out .
try to look for all this and get back to me and i will try to help you out .
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2018 | 2005 Honda CRF 230 F
Apr 22, 2016 | 2007 Honda CRF 230 F
Jul 26, 2014 | 2006 Honda CRF 230 F
Apr 08, 2014 | 2003 Honda CRF 230 F
Apr 08, 2013 | 2005 Honda CRF 230 F
Feb 03, 2013 | 2005 Honda CRF 230 F
Jan 13, 2013 | 2003 Honda CRF 230 F
Nov 29, 2012 | 2003 Honda CRF 230 F
Mar 02, 2012 | 2003 Honda CRF 230 F
Jan 11, 2012 | 2005 Honda CRF 230 F
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: