An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
High mileage for a scooter will be around 60-70,000km so i think the scooter you are looking at looks pretty good if it is in good condition. The Suzuki AN250 and the Honda Forza are actually both very reliable scooters and should easily pass 70,000 km if ridden safely. if i were you i would go for the Honda Forza, i have had one for just under a year and it is in top shape and it is a joy to ride.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Anonymous the following tips are low cost easy to apply/install and guaranteed to give you better gas mileage and a smoother running bike. The average motorcycle gets 56-64 KMPL. saving .2 Litre of gas could save you a 10 Kilometer walk. 125cc scooters have been known to get 185 KMPL.and more.
1. Proper tire inflation as per MFG. specifications wheels should be balanced and spokes tight.
2. Oil and coolant levels maintained at full marks, low levels produce excessive heat that causes the engine to work harder and reduces efficiency.
3. Keep extra weight to a minimum.
4. Take off from a dead stop should be smooth and easy throttle applied avoid excessive throttle snaps.
5. Smaller windshields get better KMPH than large ones, wind resistance increases as a square of the speed at which you're traveling. For example, at 112 KMPH, wind resistance is double what it is at 80 KMPH (70 squared is almost twice as much as 50 squared). That will dramatically reduce your mileage. Keep that in mind while biking.
6. Keep idle time to a bare minimum or turn off the engine.
7. Re-jet carburetor with a smaller main and mid-range jet.
8. Keep chain/belt properly adjusted.
9. Avoid quick braking, hasty acceleration, high-speed driving, try driving the speed limit and keep a constant speed.
10. On long trips use freeways or flat straight stretches of highways rather than city or rural routes avoid hills and mountains when possible.
11. Keep your engine clean, dirt and grease/oil hold in heat.
12. A full-face helmet is more aerodynamic than other types of helmets. Any other clothing that decreases your aerodynamic should be reconsidered.
13. Any unnecessary bling on your bike is going to decrease fuel efficiency.
14. Use high-quality fuel using low-quality fuel can cause sludge in your fuel injectors.
15. Keep warm up time to a minimum get off the choke ASAP.
16. Motorcycles run best when their engines are maintained, and that includes making sure the air filter is clean, the spark plugs are fresh, the fuel filter is free, and the timing/valves are adjusted.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day. https://itstillruns.com/how-to-increase-the-fuel-mileage-on-bikes-10072.html HOW TO INCREASE MILEAGE HONDA ACTIVA SCOOTER VIDEO MANISH http://www.family-motorsports.net/GY6-50cc-150cc.pdf http://www.partsfish.com/page/oem-parts-for-honda http://absolutelyscooterparts.net/pdf/CGEN_dawg_scooter_manual.pdf
Hi, Anonymous the vast majority of service, parts fiche, and owners manuals on the internet are "FREE" to download and all service manuals contain wiring diagrams in the back pages. The rest usually charge a modest fee of $15 and there is a handful of obscure, rare, obsolete, and very old models that are no longer or never were available and some were never printed in English. The Indian and Philippine markets are usually in E-book format only, for these rare occasions I shall look on eBay and find the cheapest one available. Most of the manuals will cover your exact make, model, and year otherwise one will be provided that comes as close as possible to your bike and will have most of the same info that an exact manual would have. If there is no $ sign after the manual link it is free to download.
To download your manual for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day Honda NSS250 Service Manual https://www.partsfish.com/page/oem-parts-for-honda Honda NSS250S Owner Manual 2004 Honda Forza Type Motorcycle Specs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSS250
I've come across this motorcycle and complaint of poor "mileage" several times. There are so many variables to the question it's almost impossible to predict what "mileage you will achieve. Things like a single rider with light gear, riding two up will reduce mileage, running the motorcycle at high speed will reduce mileage, city traffic or open road makes a huge difference even in this motorcycle. You are not helping mileage sitting there with the engine running while in traffic. Your driving habits are you hard on the throttle when you take off from a stop? Sounds as if I'm scolding you but if you are concerned about mileage on this motorcycle then you need to adjust your riding style AND the biggest this with the Honda Hero is its tires. The tires on the Honda Hero are specially designed for that motorcycles performance and mileage, if they are under inflated you will get poor gas mileage. Check your tire pressure or have the dealer do it if you don't have the gauge.
High mileage. Synthentic oil will help but high mileage will do more. Synthetic is designed for higher output engines and for getting more power in higher stress. High mileage is designed to protect engine parts from wear.
Hero Glamour PGM-Fi offers excellent drivability, optimum fuel efficiency, lower emission and instant start. Hero Glamour has 124.7cc engine that outputs 9 bhp and give 81.1 kmpl mileage. The price of glamour programmed fi is 69,548.