Question about 2006 Honda FMX 650

1 Answer

Coolant Hi all. . I am the 2nd owner of my bike. Has about 2500 miles currently. Want to change the Coolant. My dealer sells the Honda 50/50 blend for $5.50 Qt. Another Honda dealer told me that I can use the Green as long as it is Safe for Aluminum. My bike would take about 3 Qts for a Drain and Fill. Does anyone know if I can use the Prestone 50/50? The one that claims to be safe for any type of anti-freeze.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,336 Answers

Whatever you do don't pay the $5.50 per quart. Anything for an aluminum radiator will do the job.

Posted on Nov 20, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

2005 chevy impala.. transmission slipping or something. this car has about 193,000 miles on it.. im wondering why its slipping (transmission) and if its even worth fixing...???

First, verify the transmission fluid level is correct - look in the Owner's Manual for info. 2nd get a transmission fluid replacement - do NOT do a 'chemical flush' it could make it even worse....just have them drain out ALL the old fluid and put in new fluid. Shouldn't cost more than $100. If you have any Check Engine Lights or other unusual lights on, get those checked out, too.

Per car is worth about $2500 if you sell it yourself; dealer might give your $1500 but only $500 w/a bad transmission. A rebuilt transmission would likely cost $ NOT fix it. 193K miles is a lot on any car especially an Impala. Time a for another car.


Mar 14, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Honda cmx250 rebel 7000miles engine noise what could it be??

Were you the original owner? How was the break in prosses? What kind of sound do you hear? If its a knocking sound try putting some Sea Foam in the oil. Run the bike for about 15-20 miles if the sound is starting to go away run it for a little longer untill the sound goes away but dont go over 50 miles. Then change you oil and oil filter. Your also due for for an service of the bike. So take it in to your shop and have them look it over making sure that if the bike didnt get broken in just right they can maybe set it right. If you dont want to do that i would deffanently try the Sea Foam they sell it at any auto parts store. Good luck feel free to email me
A.J. Weaver

Mar 29, 2012 | Motorcycles

1 Answer

How good is who makes it and is there a yuki 250cc one

The bike is made in Czechoslovakia. There is a 2010 Yuki Darker model. It is a V twin OHC four stroke with carbs, disk brake on front, drum brake on rear, ( kind of backwards thinking ), CDI ignition, air cooled. Good or bad bike is irrelevant. Even if it is a good bike, where is your nearest service center? Do they have parts on hand or have to order from the factory every time? What is the warranty? When you sell the bike, will the new owner be close to the dealer? My personal opinion is that any motorcycle that doesn't have at least five dealers within 50 miles of where I live can be classified as a YUCCKY motorcycle. Best to go with a brand name; Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki or Suzuki.

Sep 19, 2011 | 2010 yuki 250 Darker

1 Answer

When do you have the motorcycle servoused my bike has 2400 miles only. and do have to put water in the radator.

Your first service should of already been done. Normally the dealer will do a routine service and inspection between 500 & 1000 miles. You add Honda coolant only to the cooling system when ever it needs it @ the coolant reservoir.

Aug 10, 2011 | 2002 Honda VT 600 CD Shadow

3 Answers

What is the recommended mileage i should change my cam belt on my 2002 honda civic type R?

Normally itnis best to have it looked at or replaced for preventive future problems at around 50 thousand miles.

Jun 11, 2011 | Honda Civic Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

What type antifreeze to use in 2003 ford f250 diesel powerstroke

ford lists to use the ford gold premium, they advise not to use the orange extended life coolant for that year and motor, if you dont want to go to dealer then parts store should sell you the GO -5 FORD / DCX coolant. good luck.

Oct 31, 2009 | 2003 Ford E250

2 Answers

Misfiring 2007 Honda VFR 800

I would say that your bike may be running a little lean. I usually replace the jets on all my bikes as soon as I get them as the emissions requirements mandate that the manufacturers pass stringent emissions tests prior to the dealer selling them. Some bikes wont even idle or run, especially off road bikes from places like California. and in these cases you must re jet it is a must! I even throw away or drill larger holes into my air cleaner cover.

Good Luck!

Sep 22, 2009 | Honda VFR 800 Motorcycles

2 Answers

Coolant change how to/ 2002 Honda goldwing 1800

welcome to the world of mr honda goldwing were everything you touch invlves dismantling half the bike well unfortunately the radiator cap is no different,consult your owners manual(if you have one)like the 1500 and the 1200,the cap will be on the right ahandside beside the right fork tube and you guessed it you have to take half the bike apart to get at it,sorry,hope this helps

Apr 22, 2009 | 2003 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing ABS

1 Answer

Coolant type

That bike came from the factory with regular green antifreeze/coolant mixed 50/50 with distilled water. You can get it pretty much anywhere that sells automotive products.

The only way it should be anything other than that would be if someone has changed it over, which is rare.

Nov 24, 2008 | 1997 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre

Not finding what you are looking for?
2006 Honda FMX 650 Logo

Related Topics:

274 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Honda Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4514 Answers


Level 3 Expert

71231 Answers

Gino Cussen
Gino Cussen

Level 2 Expert

216 Answers

Are you a Honda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides