Question about 2005 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Softail Fat Boy
Where is the fuse box
Hi Melody, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections especially the negative cable at "BOTH" ends
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day.Harley Diagnostic Codes 04 to Present Set Change Override Transport Harley Security Alarm PIN Code No Key Fob...
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 27, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Bike won't start - 2004 Fatboy.
test your battery.or if you have a jumper box hook it up to your battery and try starting it if it starts you know its your battery.Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year of riding.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
that clicking sound is the starter solenoid. check all large cables for corrosion and tightness. as for the signal lights, neutral and horn, i think a wire is grounding , thus causing the problem with the bike not starting also. check at ignition switch and at handle controls for a loose wire that may be touching the handlebar. basically inspect all the wiring on the bike
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
Check you ground to make it's secure but more than likely, your horn went bad. we had alot of bad horns in the year and the year behind it.
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/robert_5bac37c3cb991fdb
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
SOURCE: blinkers dont work
The problem is in the TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module).It has a Bank Angle Sensor in it that shuts the bike down in case of an accident it will shut down when the bike is knocked over.It should have reset.You might be able to disconnect the battery and reset it but you will probably have to take it ti the dealer to have it fixed electronically.
Posted on Mar 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2014 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Aug 23, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 14, 2013 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jan 10, 2013 | 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Dec 05, 2012 | 1995 Geo Tracker
May 23, 2012 | 1987 Chevrolet Camaro
Aug 07, 2017 | 2005 Pontiac Sunfire
Aug 13, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy Motorcycles
Nov 30, 2008 | 1990 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: