Last owner say possibly the cassect is stuck inside the top will not open when we press the button.need to find how direction to get the radio out.possible fax something from book.my new haynes book do not have how to remove he radio.just bought the bike
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the receiver makes noise with volume up and squelch down, then the receiver itself is probably damaged and typically not worth the expense of fixing. If you can't get noise, it may be the speaker. Some models have an external speaker port you could try.
The radio is not turning off completely. It is possibly a bad on/off, or it could be another button is slightly stuck and when turning the unit off it is trying to do another of the multi-button pressed functions. The on/off/volume potentiometer is a common failure item on most 2-way radios. Repeated use or dirt/dust/debris can cause it to fail. Do not use any solvents or cleaners. The best method of cleaning would be canned air. If you cannot find the way to clear the issue, your best option is to remove the batteries when not in use.
this is a mechanism problem. Also, maybe something might have hooked the cd tray and made it stuck.
What you have to do now is to open the player by unscrewing the cover, so that you can gain access to the mechanism inside the player.
After you must have opened the cover, plug the cd changer to light, power it on and use you hand to pull out the tray while you press open button.
Also make observations on the disc tray while you press the open button and check the disc tray and look for what is making it stuck and refuse to open. This is why you need use your hand to support the disc tray by pushing it open from the inside.
1. Turn radio off. With key off, press the pwr and eject buttons and hold for 7 seconds.
2. No go? Then try the same with the key on.
3. Nothing? With the radio on try to 'bump' the stuck CD with another CD. Careful not to scratch one of em'
4. Still stuck? Look around on the radio for a small hole that looks like a pin or paperclip might fit in. We're looking for a reset button, but not all radio's have one. If you do locate it press and hold for like 10 seconds. Or look in the owners manual if the radio has a reset button
5. Really? Go to the fuse box near drivers door dash and pull the fuse for the radio for a minute or two. Check the owners manual for the location, and if there's more than one radio fuse.
Hope one of these work. Last effort would be to try to extract the CD carefully with tweezers,but good luck with that
I have a 2005 Scion XB radio system. The
volume down button is stuck in and won't work. I tried to "pry" around
it to try to free it, but it's like there is a spring inside that is
missing. How do I repair this.