- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Jesse the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture ***** improperly adjusted.
10. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Fuel tank empty.
13. Gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
14. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day. motorcycle com Suzuki Intruder 1500 Not Turning Over This might be why 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1500 won start
for the 1500 manual click on the tiny "download" word bottom left of the page it's free VL 1500 INTRUDER 1998 00 https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/9360741-1987-2003-suzuki-vs1400-intruder-service-manual-plus $10
its fuel injected and mine does the same thing for backfiring. as for half throttle. you closed the choke after it warms up. and might need to check the air cleaner maybe the plugs need to be changed. not sure.
You dont have any fuel shut off valve because you have fuel injection which uses an electric fuel pump inside the gas tank all you need to do is buy a fuel additive called stabil and add the appropriate amount to the gas and you will have no problem. Make sure you fill your tank all the way up. because if you leave it like half way the upper half gets condensation and moisture . so just fill it up add stabil take out your battery and bring it in the house so it stays warm and dry and you will be good to go in the spring.