Question about 2005 Gas Gas MC 250

1 Answer

Shock Nipple Touches Pipe

I noticed last night that the little nipple on the bottom of my new to me 07 with the Sachs shock touches the exhaust right about where the pipe and silencer connect. Is this normal? The body of the canister on the shock nearly touches and the little nipple on the bottom clearly touches. Seems like some heat needlessly would be transfered to the shock. I never ran the back pipe mount on the 02 perhaps if I removed it on the 07 the pipe would drop enough to clear that little nipple PLease advise.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,712 Answers

Mine went the other way touched the frame. The pipe got tweaked a hair when I hit a stump without the Hyde it would have been toast. I added some washers to the upper mount and foward silencer mount to space it off the frame worked fine.,,,

Posted on Nov 10, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Fix 1993 ford f150 right front brake hose

You will need a couple of spanners, one to fit the hose and one for where it attaches to the steel brake pipe.
Unscew the pipe connection first and then from the brake caliper, if it a disc brake.
Fit the new one to the brake first and the other end second. You will have to bleed the brake after. For this you will need a glass jar with a little brake fluid in it. Run a little hose from that to the bleed nipple on the caliper. Loosen the nipple and get someone to gently press down on the brake peddle while you watch the jar. Continue this until there are no more bubbles coming out of the little hose, hold down the peddle and tighten the nipple. Make sure that you have fluid in the master cylinder all the time.
You may have to repeat the prosess on the other side but if you do this right then you should not have to.
You may be able to buy a brake bleeding kit which should make the job easier.

Sep 13, 2011 | 1993 Ford F150 SuperCab

1 Answer

What is the part called on a motorcycle that holds the oil filter to the bike its self, the screw piece that holds the oil filter on

Well, I don't know if it's got a specific name since I've never seen that piece offered seperately. But, if I had to assign it a name, I'd call it a "nipple". More specifically a "filter nipple" because it is actually a "pipe nipple" that an oil filter screws onto. A pipe nipple is what plumbers and pipe fitters call a short piece of pipe. Some of them have standard threads and others are metric threaded but they're still "pipe nipples". So, there, we've made up a new name for the part. Works for me.

Good Luck

Aug 15, 2011 | Harley Davidson FXDWG - FXDWGI Dyna Wide...

2 Answers

I am trying to replace the dip tube in my RheemPowerVent water heater but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the old one out. The treaded metal cold water nipple is screwed into a circular...

1) Rheem power vent series:

2) Looking at product over-view manual: It says 'inlet connects directly to a dip tube which directs water to bottom of the tank.'
So it appears that dip tub is connected to heat trap nipple on cold water side

3) Sample manual for Rheem shows exploded parts list
The exploded view shows cold water nipple separate from dip tube, and shows dip tube gasket, and makes it unclear

4) Manual shows Rheem phone number:

5) You can also post specific questions like this on pro water heater forum:

Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya phone service.
For a price, expert speaks with you over phone while you work on water heater or any do-it-yourself project. As general rule, expert will not answer unless they know specific answer, to avoid dissatisfied customer.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.

Feb 05, 2011 | Rheem Flared Water Heater Dip Tube

1 Answer

Galvanized nipple broke off in fitting

Hi grumpy, W/D here.

The easiest way to get a broken nipple out is to use a nipple extractor. It works like a bolt extractor, but has lobes that extend when you turn the end. I bought a set at a piping supply house for ~$10. This has 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" extractors in it. If you do more than just a little pipe work, they're worth buying. I don't know the cost for a single extractor but they should be available too. Call ahead!

Best regards, --W/D--

Jan 14, 2011 | RTO Southland Pipe Nipple 10201 Galvanized...

1 Answer

I have a G6A88E water heater in my rv it runs great except behind the front on the bottom on the right as you are looking at it there is a 1 1\2 about pipe that is leaking is there any way to fix this

From description it Sounds like your bottom hook-up for water line coming in.(cold inlet) Depending on what type of connection you have on water line, it may just need tightening, if not it may require a new fitting installed, or the actual 1/2" NPT nipple going in to tanks is faulty. They use plastic, or galvanized pipe nipples usually, but in some cases you may find a check valve there. Either way, you'll have to determine exactly where it's leaking first. Depending on age of tank, it may even be the piece of aluminum welded to tank where 1/2" pipe nipple is installed. I've has 2 this year that rotted right through that and caused a leak, and had to replace the tanks. Let's hope yours just needs tightening, or a fitting replaced. Make sure you use good pipe dope when changing that nipple if necessary. Many use Teflon tape as well on threads, but I've had better luck with pipe dope.

Oct 31, 2010 | RTO Atwood DSI-RV Water Heater-6 Gallon

2 Answers

2003 Olds Silhoutte Air Shocks and Compressor - not working

The load leveling shock will not work if there is an issue with the compressor. If you buy the sir shock's, your going to have to address the compressor issue to even have the air shocks level the Silhouette. Once you have the compressor issue addressed, the shocks it's self is simple enough to replace that you can do it with common tools to save you some money. My wife has a Montana and we had the same problem, since we do not tow and really never hold that much weight. We replaced the rear shocks with Monroe Reflex Shocks, Found the van to be much more sturdy then the air shocks ever were and the good thing about them is there were lift time replacement at Parts Source. Regardless on which shocks your going to use, it's a good rule to replace both sides at the same time. The only difference in to reinstalling the air shocks is you need to reattach the air lines to the shocks and that's simple as removing the shocks it self. The shocks are only held on by two bolts,  one on top and one on bottom and should only take about 20 min each side to do since you have to jack the car up and remove the wheel for room, but you can remove the shocks it self without removing the wheel, it's your preference. Good luck and keep me posted, be glad to answer any questions you may have. 

Aug 11, 2009 | 2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette

2 Answers

Hardness Under Right Nipple.

hi TheHurriKane,'

thank you for using fixya.

my older sister is of the med industry, have a mammogram, from there you will be able to determine if the cease have to be surgically removed, or can be melted through medication.

i wish you all the best of health.

if you have other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know


voodoo -

Apr 29, 2009 | Dk Multimedia AMA Family Medical Guide...

2 Answers

LG WM2233HW washer plumbing rattle.

Hello Justin,
What you are hearing is what they refer to as "Water Hammer'.. and aside from the noise.. it probably won't do much damage however home improvement stores such as Home Deot and Lowes sell add on devices that are installed onto your supply lines to absorb the shock when water is cycled on and off... You'll need to tell them exactly what size pipe you have and ( depending on how familiar you are with plumbing) you may want to hire a plumber to install.. They may have a water hammer add on that fits onto the screw on water lines.. Hope this helps..

Sep 21, 2008 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Gas Gas MC 250 Logo

Related Topics:

97 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Gas Gas Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4904 Answers

Gene Tuck

Level 2 Expert

248 Answers

Kim Halliwell

Level 2 Expert

35 Answers

Are you a Gas Gas Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides