Question about 2007 ATK 450 Mx
Any of you atk 450 owners experience a slow return to idle when you chop throttle (in neutral)? Just sitting there revving the engine does this
It revs fine but then backs down to idle slowly. Cdsracer mentioned that his cousin's in SoCal also does this.... Is it due to the different dirtbike clutch basket size? Any idears? Something simple maybe?Mine both drop right back down. Sometimes a slight hover at 2200 RPM or so then settles at 2000 RPM (usually only before motor has fully warmed up) ,,,
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2016 | 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Aug 23, 2014 | 2005 Ford Fiesta 1.3
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Apr 10, 2013 | 2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
May 26, 2012 | 1998 Yamaha YZF-R1
Sep 14, 2011 | 2006 ATK 450 Mx
May 02, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha YZF 600 R thunder cat
Dec 08, 2010 | 2004 Lincoln Aviator
Nov 28, 2009 | 2003 ATK 250
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: