Question about 2004 Aprilia Caponord Rally Raid
Just discovered one of my front wheel bearings are shot. Pulled the wheel and removed the 2-dust seals( I have replacement bearings and seals that I purchased a while ago). The manual says to remove the c-clip and use a special bearing extractor to remove the bearings...Im hoping someone has done this and can suggest what tools to use to remove that large c-clip and bearings.
I might have the right size internal bearing puller at work. It looks a little like this... but uses a threaded bolt instead of a slide hamer.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2014 | 1993 Ford Crown Victoria
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jan 01, 2011 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Nov 26, 2010 | 1996 Ford Explorer
Jul 28, 2010 | 1991 Nissan Pickup
May 10, 2010 | Honda XR 125 L Motorcycles
Oct 11, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
May 13, 2009 | 2004 Kia Rio
Feb 26, 2009 | 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab
533 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: