Question about 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Hi, Sa_xo and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC,or BAS).
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box if applicable.
17. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
18. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Dirt Rider Magazine
Compression Fuel Spark NO START
YAMAHA YZ250 LC Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 25, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: yz 250 wont kick start
To get you right there i believe it should read as 'jump' start and not 'bump' start ...:-)
Well the problem could be with the battery, is it a maintenance free (dry) or is it a wet 0ne (uses sulphuric acid specific gravity 1250).
( 1) How old is the battery?
( 2) If its a wet one ,check the specific gravity of the acid in it, if its low thn charge it.You may hve to add or top up to its required level , if so thn use distilled water only !
( 3) If the battery is more thn 17months old ...replace it.
( 4) Its not bad to get the charging rate of your bike to make sure that it is working properly as required.
I hope this will help.
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
SOURCE: yz 250 1992 wont kick start
check your compression I had a 94 yz that done that when i checked the compression it was really low so I put new rings on the piston and that's all it took to bring her back to life
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
SOURCE: No spark on my yz 250 07 mod
when ever you don't have spark . the best thing to do is start tracing back to where it stops. if its not the plug make sure the wire is aok, if the wire is good, check ignition coil. these checks are better made with the help of a multimeter or ingition mate. both special tools are designed to fix those kinds of problems.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
change the pkug first buy a br8eg plug off ebay and see how this goes get back to me also are you using the choke on start up
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
May 15, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
May 11, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Mar 19, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Feb 23, 2012 | Motorcycles
Dec 04, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Oct 18, 2011 | 1991 kawasaki ZZR 250
Sep 29, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Sep 28, 2009 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
Jul 31, 2009 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: