Question about 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Hi, Bmalechek1 and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
10. Enricher valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Dirt Rider Magazine
How to Start YZ426F Easily
Yamaha YZ426F Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha YZ450F Owner Manual Page 3
Posted on Aug 04, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Of course, The neutral safty switch is in series with your starter circuit.. three points: at clutch lever, at kickstand and at the transmission.. Do not bypass any of these switches. Good Luck.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2014 | 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Jan 02, 2014 | 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Nov 02, 2013 | 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Sep 05, 2013 | 2002 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Jun 26, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Jun 26, 2010 | 2002 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Nov 13, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Nov 02, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Jun 08, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha YZ 426 F
Jun 08, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha YZ 426 F
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: