Question about 2007 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King Classic
Hi Bbowen120884, try performing the following tests:
1. Fill acid type batteries to proper levels.
2. Charge battery overnight at 1-2 amps you need 12.5 volts or better after charging.
3. Hook up battery positive cable, then with your multimeter on the milliamp scale connect one lead to the negative battery post and the other lead to the ground cable. Meter should read 3 milliamps or less, 10 milliamps with a radio, 15 milliamps with radio and CB. If your meter reads higher you need to isolate the circuit by pulling fuses and circuit breakers one at a time and observe meter for drop in aprerage then get out your test light and track down the short in that circuit.
3. Make sure all connections are clean and tight especially the negative cable at "BOTH" ends.
4. Hook up volt meter to battery and start engine, if meter falls below 9.5 v while cranking replace battery.
5. With engine running at 3600 RPM battery should read 14.3-14.7 volts if not continue tests.
6. Unplug voltage regulator from alternator at crankcase by front of primary cover.
7. To test voltage regulator go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EjV0IjW9Q
8. With ohm meter, one lead grounded, touch alternator pin meter should read infinity, if not replace stator.
9. With ohm meter, both leads touching alternator pins meter should read 0.1 to 0.2 ohms on 1989 and later models. 0.2 to 0.4 ohms 1988 and earlier models, if not replace stator.
10. With volt meter set on AC scale, both leads touching alternator pins meter should read
16 to 20 volts AC for every 1000 RPM'S 1989 and later and 19 to 26 volts AC for every 1000 RPMS. If not replace rotor.
17. For a free wiring diagram please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day.
Harley Davidson Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
Posted on Jun 27, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Run a wire from the postive side of the battery to the top side of the coil. There should be two white wires on the top side of the coil and a black wire on the bottom. Once there, you can kick start the bike. If you want to use the electric starter, pop the rubber boot off starter solenoid and jump from the large top lug to the small lug in the middle to engage the starter.
Or, you can purchase an aftermarket switch and change out the switch. You need a 6-lug switch for you 78.
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
SOURCE: how to change bearings in
Remove the rear wheel leaving the brake drum on the bike. There is one wheel bearing in the wheel. Drive it out with a hammer. The other two are in the brake drum, drive them out with a hammer as well. These are sealed beaings.
Posted on Aug 06, 2010
I always pull them to 70 foot pounds in a criss cross pattern. Start the engine up and allow it to warm up. When cool, retorque the heads in the same manner. I only use Fire Ring head gaskets.
Posted on Aug 09, 2010
SOURCE: looking for oil line diagram
I have a diagram of the oil line routing for a Shovelhead. I cannot send it to you via this forum because it has no means of sending an "attachment". If you'll contact me directly at email@example.com I will send you a copy of the drawing in a jpeg file attachment. Remind me of what you need as I get lots of request for various information.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Testimonial: "very quick response"
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2015 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
May 09, 2015 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Oct 19, 2013 | Harley Davidson FXDWG - FXDWGI Dyna Wide...
Aug 26, 2012 | Harley Davidson XLH 1000 Sportster...
Jul 18, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King Classic...
May 05, 2012 | 1979 Harley Davidson XLH 1000 Sportster
May 05, 2012 | 2002 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Aug 23, 2010 | Harley Davidson FXR Super Glide...
Aug 09, 2010 | Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Apr 15, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: