Question about 1990 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Will a shorting out headlight affect the charging system?
Hi, Xinia if your headlight is not working, keeps burning out, blinking, or is dim the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
3. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
4. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
5. Faulty ignition switch.
6. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
7. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
8. Weak charging alternator/generator.
9. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier, overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Tech Tips Virago Star Owners Club
How To Replace Headlight Bulb On star 650 Classic
Yamaha XV 535 DX Virago Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 11, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2012 | 2003 Jaguar X-Type
Jul 10, 2017 | Dodge Dakota Cars & Trucks
Dec 27, 2010 | 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix
Dec 18, 2010 | 2003 Lincoln Town Car
Oct 02, 2009 | 2002 Subaru Forester
Sep 24, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Feb 13, 2009 | 2004 Acura TL
Jan 07, 2009 | 2001 Volvo S60
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: