Question about Harley Davidson Motorcycles
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To remove the ignition switch turn the handle bar fully to the right, turn the ignition switch to access position and with the key in the switch depress the tab under the switch with a small screwdriver (the tab is to the lower left under the knob) and while pressing down on the key, turn the key counterclockwise about 60 degrees. At that point the switch will pull out of the housing.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
On the earlier models, they didn't use fuses unless they were added on aftermarket stuff generally. They still use the old metal can circuit breakers. They are about 1/2" wide, 1/2' tall, and about 1" long or so. They are usually set in a row under the seat.
Posted on Jun 27, 2010
SOURCE: where is the engine oil
It's underneath the transmission. The oil tank is on the bottom of the transmission. There are two drain plugs under there. The one closest to the left front of the oil tank is the engine oil drain. The other one is the transmission drain.
Posted on Aug 05, 2010
SOURCE: wiring diagram for 1980 harley
I have a schematic that I think will work for you but I cannot send it via this forum. This forum limits the size file that I can attach to 150 Kb and I must send you two files. One file is the schematic the other is the "key" to reading the schematic. If you will contact me directly at email@example.com , I'll be glad to send you the drawings. Remind me of what you need as I get lots of such request and I can't remember who wants what.
Posted on Dec 05, 2010
Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll send you a schematic and a symbol key. Don't forget to tell me what you want. I have lots of requests coming in and I can't remember them all. This forum limits the file size to 150Kb and the file is bigger than that. If I reduce the pic size to 150Kb, when you expand it so you can see it, the quality is very poor making it almost unusable. So, I just send them directly.
Posted on Mar 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2017 | 2006 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Feb 09, 2012 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Here's the procedure to remove the IGNITION /LIGHT KEY SWITCH AND FORK LOCK for a 2005 FLHT/C/U or FLTR (Domestic): Tools needed for removing ignition switch A T27 Torx, a small flat blade screwdriver, 7/8 wrench.
1. Remove the outer fairing and windshield
2. To remove the ignition switch, insert the ignition switch key and turn to the UNLOCK position. Leaving the key installed, rotate the knob to ACCESS. Depressing the release button at bottom (left side) with a small screwdriver, push key down and turn an additional 60 degrees in a counter-clockwise direction. Lift and remove knob.
3. Using a 7/8 wrench on flats, loosen switch nut and remove from threaded post of ignition switch housing. Remove collar and spacer.
4. Using a T27 TORX drive head, remove the two screws (with flat washers) that secure fairing cap to left and right sides of fairing.
5. Remove the switch position plate by pulling tabs from slots in faring cap. If necessary, raise the fairing cap slightly to facilitate removal.
6. With the forks turned fully to the left, disconnect the Fairing cap switch connector (105) 12-place Multilock (black), from behind right side of fairing cap. Depress the button on the plus side of the connector to pull apart the pin and socket halves.
7. Remove the fairing cap from the motorcycle.
8. Locate the ignition switch connector (33), 4-place Packard, at bottom of radio. Slide connector off anchor and separate pin and socket halves.
9. Remove the socket screws (with flat washers) and lift the switch housing from the upper fork bracket bore. Route the ignition switch connector to rear of inner fairing and remove switch housing from the vehicle.
Sep 03, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jan 23, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Dec 29, 2010 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Jun 18, 2010 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHT - FLHTI Electra...
May 14, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Sep 21, 2009 | 2002 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide...
Sep 10, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!