Question about 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Charge the battery but bike doesn't start
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
18. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Bike won start
Yamaha R1 starting issue
2000 2001 Yamaha YZF R1 Service Manual R1 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Aug 29, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1986 yamaha fz400 wont start
You need fresh gasoline in it, if it's been idle for two(2) years, you also have to clean everything that your gasoline touches like the tank, fuel filter, fuel line, carburator, before pouring it in. If that wont help you, Have your CDI tested if your plugs wont spark. Also ask for the history of your bike, if it was running before they stopped using it.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
The error code 12 on your bike is a crankshaft position sensor malfunction. Just means you should replace that sensor.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
May 29, 2013 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Oct 28, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 05, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 31, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 17, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 06, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 11, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 29, 2011 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Apr 13, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: