Tip & How-To about Motorcycles
2 strokes in lower ccs are usualy slow, so heres a list of things you can do to de-restrict and tune your 2 stroke.
1) Get a racing exhaust, Key part too most 2 strokes is a good exhaust, this will remove some restrictions. Gianelli, Big One, fmf and many others are available on ebay or your local bike shop.
2) Big Bore kit, adding a big bore kit can give up to 30% more performance, and will usualy de-restrict the bike. search ebay for (Bike Model) (year) Big Bore kit. it will come usualy with everything you need for the upgrade.
3) Carbon Reed Valves, are a key part too your acceleration, also removing the little cages that stop them opening all the way and replacing with big washers is another good step, make sure theres nothing for your reeds to nock on when removing the cage.
4) Boost Bottle, a boost bottle will help 2 strokes with no reed valves more then reeded bikes but will give alot more low and high end performace. search ebay for (bikes cc) boost bottle.
5) Jets, are a key thing when getting a bore kit or race exhaust. you MUST change the jets if you change exhaust, get bigger ones if you get an exhaust go a few sizes over and check the spark plug if its a brown tan/ grey collor you got it all right, if its black it means you have to much fuel so go smaller, and if its white it usualy means not enough fuel. you can buy jets from any motorcycle shop usualy around $1 a peice. you onyl need to change the Main jet.
6) Air Filter, you dont need it on most bikes but it could add extra acceleration, measure your carbeurator intake and search it on ebay for a K&N style filter, Power filter.
7) Restrictors in the intake, some 2 strokes have restrictors between the carb and the cylinder, it is key to remove these or drill them out to the size of the carb/ cylinder hole size.
8) Sprockets, if your lucky enough to have a chain and sprockets, its a nice trick to change sprockets on your bike.
For Top Speed - Bigger front sprocket & smaller rear sprocket
For Acceleration - Smaller front sprocket & bigger rear sprocket
by bigger or smaller i mean more or less teeth on the sprocket. if you go for speed your acceleration will lack and vice versa if you go for acceleration you will loose top speed.
9) Electical Restriction, Some bikes are restricted in the CDI, if yours does not want to reach a good RPM search up CDI, de-restriction. usualy it involves cutting a wire between the CDI and engine. and will unlock that slow engine into a screaming 2 stroke.
If you follow all these steps your 2 stroke will no longer be restricted and slow and will be the fastest arround.
Posted by Skuly on
Aug 02, 2017 | Motorcycles
Jun 08, 2013 | Motorcycles
Sep 28, 2017 | Motorcycles
Aug 15, 2011 | Shineray Dy48QT Motorcycles
1,711 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!