Okay... My car just recently shut down totally. However i got a jump and made it to work. Before i made it all a way to work the lights in the interior started to flicker and acted as if it wanted to cut off. So when it was time for me to go home from work. The car wouldnt turn on at all.. We put another battery in it to try to get it home.. (Lexus battery) but would start but sparked when connected the fusible link .. So we went and bought another one and connected it the opposite of the first time it also blow so now im at a lost of words... Any info is well appreciated...
So you reversed the connections and you think you nuked something? Right?
Check all fuses and relays. Replace any fuses that are blown and all relays that look scorched/burnt. If that doesn't work, take to dealer to make sure the computer and advanced control electronics didn't get fried.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It would seem to be a fuse or fusible link problem. Check the wiring diagram in the shop manual for the vehicle and check the fusible link that is common to headlight and fuel pump power supply and the other systems which are not working. If the fusible link checks okay check the main multipoint connector in the main wiring harness to the fuse block from the battery.
There is a 100A fusible link (Item A on the diagram) that protects all systems. If it blows, you'll still have battery voltage, but no power will be seen anywhere else. Change the fusible link, and you should be able to close the sunroof :-)
The main fusible link is secured by two 8 mm bolts. On one side of the fusible link box, there is a flap. Fold down that flap to access the one bolt. The other one is a bit tricky. You need to separate the relays box from the fusible link box to access the other 8 mm bolt.
Check all the fuses pull them out ,look at them one by one,also there are some fusible links that will pull apart like taffy if they are burned,they look like wires,they will be at the end of the positive battery cable,where ever it goes,to the starter or relay.
It would either be under dash or on side of kick panel, or behind or under glove box. Also under hood in black box on firewall.
If you find the fuse and it is good, than I would check the fusible
link that runs off battery and heads to ignition system. The little
black fuse inside fusible link can blow while jumping or connecting
battery cables backwards.
Not sure if the fusible link is the problem. It sounds more like you have something wrong in the electrical system. If you want to try replacing the fusible link, you can order it on line at www.napaonline.com. But the problem could be as simple as a bad battery. When you turn the key, do the lights come on for your radio or guages?
Jeep got rid of Fusible links by 1999. All the fuses that in the past would be Fusible Links are now in the Power Distribution Center in the engine, as Maxi-Fuses. However you could have an after market modification that would include a Fusible Link. That said, make sure you have a good charge on the battery before starting, it doesn't seem like a big deal....but it could make a difference.