A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here are the instructions from the factory manual. They must be followed exactly. 2004 ES330 1. Driver's door open, all other doors closed, key removed from ignition switch. Within 5 seconds: Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice.
2. Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver's door twice. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch.
3. Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver's door twice. Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver's door.
4. Switch ignition ON and OFF: A. Once to program a key remote transmitter code whilst retaining the original codes. B. Twice to program a key remote transmitter code whilst erasing the original codes. C. Three times to check how many key remote transmitters are currently registered. D. Five times to erase all registered codes.
5. Remove key from ignition switch. System should now lock and unlock vehicle once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of key remote transmitters registered.
6. Within 40 seconds: Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 1.5 seconds. Within 3 seconds: Press any key remote transmitter button.
System should now lock and unlock vehicle once to confirm registration or twice to indicate registration has failed.
7. Within 40 seconds: To program additional remotes repeat step 60 now on each additional remote you want programmed. 8. To exit programming mode open driver's door or insert key into ignition. 9. Step out of car with remote(s) in hand and test remote(s).
You need to get an aftermarket coded key which can be cut by the serial number of the vehicle. You need to be a locksmith to get the cut codes or know a locksmith. Then you have to get the car to the dealer and have the key programmed using the Tech 2 scanner.
You can take the car to the dealer and have them give you a key, programmed and everything but it will cost around $300 for the 1st key.
I bought a 2001 Catera for $1,500.00 because it had no keys.
I used serial number to get key codes and cut the key; doors opened and seller retrieved her personal stuff. I towed car to dealership and had the key programmed; $130 for 10 minutes work (min 1 hour shop charge). I then programmed 3 more keys (using a key code reader) instead of letting the dealership rape me.
BTW, they (dealer) also want $350 for a programmed door remote; the stock remote! Instead, I bought a remote starter unit (Bulldog) with 2 remote fobs for $100 and now my wife can start and find her car easily.
KEY FOB PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS Transmitter Programming No
Tools Required In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the
old & the new transmitters into the memory of the remote control
door lock receiver. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed.
Once the keyless entry receiver enters the programming/diagnostic
mode, the programming of the first transmitter erases all previous
transmitter programming information. You must then program all of the
Program only 1 vehicle remote control door lock
receiver at a time. If u program multiple receivers simultaneously, the
same transmitter could possibly be programmed to more than 1 remote
control door lock receiver.
Perform the following steps:
in the vehicle driver is seat. (actually it’s much ezr from the front
pass seat) Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. Close
all of the vehicle is doors. Remove the MALL PGM fuse from the fuse
panel. Refer to Electronic Diagnosis in Body & Chassis. Turn
the ignition lock cylinder to the ACC position. Turn the ignition
lock cylinder OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second. Open & then
close any vehicle door. You will hear a chime when the remote control
door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode. If u do not
hear a chime, start again at step 1.
Important After 7
seconds, you may hear a chime confirming successful synchronization. After
approximately 14 seconds, you will hear a chime confirming successful
Press & hold the transmitter LOCK &
UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. Repeat step 8 in order
to program each additional transmitter. Remove the ignition key
from the ignition lock cylinder. Install the MALL PGM fuse back into
the fuse panel. Refer to Electrical Diagnosis in Body & Chassis. Validate
that all the transmitters that were programmed operate properly. Refer
to Keyless Entry System Operation
first you should double check to make sure the batteries are installed correctly ,then get the new car manual out of the glove box ,and check for the reprogram procedure for your remote . every car manufacture has there own procedure , example,I have 03 mustang mach 1 the procedure goes something like this.turn key to on position..put drivers side window up then down open and close driver door then turn lights on and off then radio on off and so on
in the 1996 sunfire GM uses an anti theft lock system. It can be triggered by all sorts of things. In order to relinquish this you must have a key to turn the ignition. These are not coded just plain cut keys. Once you attain this you put the key in and turn the ignition to the ACC position and wait ten minutes (theft lock light will turn off), turn off and take key out. You MUST do this 3 times and then the theft lock will be disarmed.
try reprograming the remote, if that doesn't work u may need a new remote these are the factory instructions.
1. Switch ignition on with a key (don’t start the engine!); leave key in the ignition. 2. Mechanically lock vehicle at left front door, using second key.
3. On remote unit, press "Open" button once. A short horn signal will sound. he "Open" button is pressed once for programming the first, or a single, remote unit. When programming additional remote units for the second, third or fourth memory addresses, press the "Open" button two, three or four times, in one-second intervals. Example: press the "Open" button once, wait 1 second, then press once again to program the second remote unit. After 6 seconds, press "Open" button once to activate the coding ocess.
4. The remote unit will now be coded, and it can be used to unlock the central locking system. Switch ignition off.
The key must be removed from the ignition before the remote unit can be used to lock the vehicle.The coding process can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remote units. In between each remote unit coding, the ignition must be switched off.