Question about 2002 Ford Explorer
My rear passenger window regulator is broken. I took off the door panel and it looks like the window is attached to the top of the regulator. What gives? How do I replace that? I've been searching the 'net for a replacement with no luck. Can anyone help?
My 2002 Explorer had same problem. There was one metal rivet attaching the window to regulator. Drill it out and replace it with a new rivet or bolt and nut when you get the new regulator.
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
The regulator is attatched to the glass using the rivets through plastic disks. You need to drill them out before the glass can be removed.Save the plastic parts for reassembly.Good Luck
Posted on Aug 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 23, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Dakota
Jun 23, 2011 | 2000 Toyota Camry
Sep 09, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apr 11, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
Aug 29, 2008 | 2006 Jeep Liberty
Jul 24, 2008 | Lincoln LS Cars & Trucks
May 19, 2008 | 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
941 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!