When trying to reprogram identical remote, instructions say a chime should sound when into program mode. Never gets there. Have followed instructions to a tee. removed bcm fuse turned ignition to acc with 1sec interval. open door... no chime to let you know your into program mode. Please advise.
System warning lamp located on top of the instrument panel Press UNLOCK button once , turns on interior lamps and deactivates alarm (if fitted) Press UNLOCK button twice w/in 5 seconds unlocks all doors, turns on interior lamp and deactivates alarm (if fitted) To activate alarm system (if fitted): Switch ignition OFF Open driver's door Press Lock button on remote Close Driver door warning lamp will flash when system is activated Press remote power sliding door button will open sliding door (if fitted) only if unlocked first Pressing remote panic button: *Sounds horn intermittently *Flashes exterior lamps *Turns on interior lamps **Pressing panic for the second time OR switching ignition ON deactivates alarm.
Remobe key from ignition switch Remove the "BCM PRGRM" fuse, from the fuse box Close all doors Turn ignition switch to the ACC position With in 1 SECOND , turn the ignition switch to OFF then back to 'ACC' (really, with in one second)
Open and close the driver's door. A chime will sound, indicating programming mode activated Press and HOLD LOCK and UNLOCK SIMULTANEOUSLY untill a chime sounds 2 times ( about 15 seconds) Repeat this exact procedure for all remotes to be programmed Remove key from ignition Refit 'BCM PRGRM' fuse.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You did it like this ?
Programming -Keyless Entry Remote Transmitter
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) must be programmed at the same time. NOTE: All previous transmitter identification codes (TIC's) will be erased when programming mode is entered. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the generic electronic module (GEM)(14B204), perform the following steps.
Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN eight times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. If the GEM has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and unlock all the doors.
NOTE: The first TIC must be entered within 7.5 seconds of entering the program mode and additional TICs must be entered within 7.5 seconds of the first TIC. The programming mode is exited whenever the timing constraints are not met. Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait for several seconds and press the button again.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to five minutes after step 1, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the GEM will lock and unlock all the doors one last time.
Try reprogramming the remotes. Here are the instructions for the procedure. Hope it helps. Cobra!
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) must be
programmed at the same time. NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters
into the RAP module, perform the following steps:
Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
Turn the ignition switch (11572) from OFF to RUN eight times within ten
seconds, ending in RUN. If the RAP module has successfully entered program mode,
it will lock and then unlock all doors.
Within 20 seconds, press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter,
and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry
remote transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter,
wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to
respond, refer to Inspection and Verification.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to 20 seconds after
step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been
programmed (or reprogrammed), the RAP module will lock and unlock all doors one
last time to confirm.
The 1997 to 2003 Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan use a standard key and
remote setup with a separate remote fob. However, the 2004 to 2009 Dodge
Caravan and Grand Caravan use a combination key and remote on one
device. To program a new keyless entry remote for the 1997 to 2003 Dodge
Caravan, you must have at least one functional remote, which is
required to enter synchronization mode. To program the combination key
for the 2004 to 2009 Dodge Caravan, you must have two functional
combination keys. If you do not, you'll need to see an authorized Dodge
dealer for keyless entry programming assistance.
2004 to 2009 Caravan Programming Instructions
Insert one of your working combination keys into the
ignition. Turn it to "On"; leave it in this position for about 10
seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn it to "Off" and remove it.
Insert your second working combination key into the ignition
within 15 seconds of removing the previous key. Turn it to "On". After
10 seconds, you'll hear a chime and the "Theft" light will begin to
flash, entering synchronization mode. Turn the key to "Off" and remove
Insert the combination key you want to program. Turn it to
"On." After 10 seconds, you'll hear a chime; then the "Theft" light will
turn off. When the light turns off, the combination key--including the
key and the remote--is programmed.
Repeat Step Three for each combination key you want to
program. A total of eight can be programmed.
ATTENTION: You MUST HAVE one working remote to add one more to the system. If you do not have one working remote right now then these instructions will not work. You will have to have a Locksmith or dealership use a computer to program the first remote for you.
1.Turn ignition to the RUN position (as far as you can go without starting the engine). Wait for chimes to stop. 2.Using original programmed remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the remote for between 5 and 10 seconds. 3.While holding UNLOCK button, and before 10 seconds passes, press and release the PANIC button. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered. 4.Within 30 seconds of the chime, press a button on all remotes to be programmed into the system including any previously programmed remotes, a chime will sound after each remote has been programmed. 5.Turn the ignition OFF to exit the transmitter programming mode.
Daimier Chrysler North American Remote Keyless Entry Programming procedures
Program Method A (Customer Program Method)
1. Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second Intervals to resynchronize
transmitter, Attempt to function transmitter, If working as designed discontinue
2. Turn ignition to run position, (Allow Ignition chimes
3. Using any original (working )transmitter, press the [UNLOCK]
button for 4 to 10 seconds.
4. Within the specified 4 to l0 seconds, continue pressing
the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both
buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate
that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for
chime to sound).
5. Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for
1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN).
6. Press and release any button an the same transmitter
and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks
will cycle for AN/DN).
NOTE.- (FOR DR ONLY) A CHIME WILL NOT SOUND ON STEP #6 FOR THE FIRST TRANSMITTER
PROGRAMMED, BUT WILL SOUND UPON PROGRAMMING THE SECOND TRANSMITTER.
7. Repeat steps 5 through 6 to program additional transmitters.
8. Turn ignition to OF:F position. Transmitter programming
mode will discontinue after 60 seconds (30 seconds for AN/DN and RS). (All transmitter
programming must be completed within time specified).
1. Close all doors.
2. Press and hold the Unlock button on door lock switch on drivers door. Hold until instructed to release.
3. Insert and remove key from ignition 2 times. Do Not turn ignition.
4. Insert key in ignition a third time and leave key in ignition. Do Not turn ignition.
5. Release door lock switch on drivers door panel. A Chime will sound 3 times indicating that you are in programming mode.
6. Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote up to 30 seconds. A chime will sound 2 times if remote has programmed successful.
7. Repeat step 6 if you are programming additional remotes.
8. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
1. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 6 seconds. 2. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode. 3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming. 4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming. 5. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.
Note when entering program mode using that fob, all other programmed transmitters will be erased and you will have to reprogram them for your vehicle. Use the following procedure to program additional key fobs if the vehicle is not equipped with Sentry Key:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten yo belt to cancel any chiming that may confuse you
3. Place the key into the ignition turn to on pos. do not start
4. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on the key fob.
5. After holding the UNLOCK button for four seconds, also press the PANIC button within 6 seconds.
6 When a single chime is heard release both buttons. The chime is an indication that you have successfully entered program mode. All transmitters that are to be programmed must be done so within 60 seconds of when the chime was heard.
7. Using the fob to be programmed, press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneously for 2 seconds and them release.
8. Press and release the UNLOCK button a single chime will be heard,
9 Repeat steps 7 and 8 to program up to six additional transmitters.
10. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
11. Your vehicle will remain in program mode up to 60 seconds from when the original chime was heard. After 60 Seconds, all programmed transmitters function normally.