Question about 2001 Chevrolet S-10
You need the code from dealership to unlock the radio as it might have a theft alarm
Posted on Aug 24, 2008
If the code was not entered by the previous owner the current code will be 0000.
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
How to Reset GM Theft lock Radio's
Article Disclaimer: This article is meant to be used by Delco Radio owners to reset there radios. In no way is it meant to be used for any unethical or unlawful ways.
The following instructions will allow you to reset any GM (General Motors), Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac theft lock radio.
The theft lock radio must be in "LOC" mode.
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
If you fail to enter the correct code eight times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode.
To Read the original article or read similar articles please visit kingbain.com/how-to/unlock-gm-theftlock-radio-s
Good luck (remmeber comment and rated this).
Posted on May 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2010 | 1997 Pontiac Sunfire
May 05, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Jan 16, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 19, 2009 | 1994 Toyota Celica
Oct 13, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora
Aug 25, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Tribute
Jan 11, 2009 | 2002 Ford Escape
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: