The problem first started and it was very hard to lock and unlock the Passenger side door. Both from inside and outside (with the key). The cable broke on the inside door. I took out the actuator part number 813252-C000 and found it was locked up on the locking mechanism. Does the actuator need replaced or is there something electrical that could be the problem? The Drivers side works correctly. Thanks for any advice.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
inside door panel has to come off, then there are usually 1 rod on the handle pull, and one rod on the lock.. these pop off the rod and stay on the hanldle body. there should be @ 3 or 4 nuts on the back side of the handle. thease removed and the old handle shouold pop out.. dont force it... new handle in... .hand snug the nuts, put op rods back in proper holes, snap in clips... TEST BEFORE YOU PUT THE DOOR PANEL BACK ON...... saves lots of time if you happen to put the rods in wrong.
1) The electronic lock is malfunctioning and forcing the door to lock. From the inside of the car, try forcing the lock to the 'unlocked' position. If you can do this with your had, but it 'snaps' back to 'locked' then it's an electrical problem. Possibly the lock solenoid itself, or the BCM.
2) If you cannot force the lock to the 'unlocked' position, then it's some sort of mechanical problem - maybe the lock is just jammed. Try spraying oil into the locking mechanism from the outside and working the lock until it's free. Otherwise, remove the interior door panel and diagnose the mechanical lock.
Door lock/unlock actuator (motor) has gone bad in the passenger side. Get the actuator from a Hyundai Parts dealer (or junk yard if you trust them) and replace it yourself OR take it to a Hyundai Service Center and they'll do it for you.