1994 Nissan Maxima alarm won't let the car start and key dosen't work on driver's side only on passengers side and i don't have to code for the door this will fix the problem if i can get the code to open up the drivers side
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Car won't start
Hi, does the alarm shut off when you unlock the passenger door?
If it does not I will give you a test that you can do.
1. disconnect the harness anti-theft control module. (loctaion depend were you live USA next to fuse panel Canadian models above the glove box.) Check the continuity between Light Green/Black wire and Black wire of the anti-theft control module.
2. Continuity should not be there with the door lock in, lock or neutral position. With the door lock in-between lock and neutral position (any door) continuity should be present.
3. If continuity is as specified replace the anti-theft control module. If continuity is not as specified, check operation of the door lock switches.I will add that test at bottom.
4. If the door lock switches are ok check the continuity og LIGHT/BLACK wires between anti-theft control module and door lock switches. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between door lock switches and ground. Continuity should be present if Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
5. If Continuity is present, check continuity LIGHT GREEN and BLACK wire of anti-theft control module. Continuity should not be present with trunk lock in lock or neutral position. With trunk lock in-between lock and neutral position, Continuity should be present.
6. If Continuity is as specified replace anti-theft control module. If Continuity is not as specified, check operation of truck lock switches. If necessary replace trunk lock switch.
7. If trunk lock switch is ok, check Continuity og LIGHT GREEN wire between anti-theft control module and trunk lock switch. Check Continuity of BLACK wire between trunk lock switch and ground. Continuity should be present. If Continuity is not present repair harness or connectors.
DOOR LOCK SWITCHES
Disconnect 4-pin door lock switch connect (left and right front doors) With door lock in neutral, full lock or full unlock position, there should be no continuity between any terminal and BLACK wire terminal. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN?WHITE wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full lock position. Continuity should exist between LIGHT GREEN/BLACK wire and BLACK wire terminals with door lock in-between neutral and full unlock positions. If continuity is not as described, replaced door lock switch.
Hope this help its a place to start. let me know if you need anything else.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you don"t have the remote and alarm is going off , there are a few ways to get the alarm off . First make sure all doors are closed and hood and trunk as well go to the drivers door and use your key to lock and unlock the car the alarm should disarm if it does not work do the same on passenger door or trunk one should disarm it . All the locks have magnetic switches on them , they do break so if it doesn't work on one lock it should work on one of the others unless all are broke . Hope this helps you .
i believe if you put key in ignition turn it forward and back off twice it should reset the anti theft to start it. or unlock pass door with key and that might reset it. also try the same with back pass door if the other didnt work. hope this helps.
will your key work in the passengers side?
If so I asume you have electric door locks. open drivers door from inside shut the passengers door. go around to the drivers side shut the door lock the doors from inside then unlock the doors open door shut door and try to start it...as far as disableing it you will have to take it to nissan electrical tec.
after the alarm stops going off... do not touch anything... wait 10 minutes or longer... if you are in the car with the doors closed, and the alarm has run through it's cycle and is no longer sounding, do not touch the locks or open the door you will set off the alarm again each time you do this.... attempt to start the vehicle, it will probably just turn on but wont crank or start. this is the immobilizer. It thinks you are tying to steal the car. Since the 97 does not have a key with a chip in it, it will eventually start. However, only after I waited almost 20 minutes without touching anything except to put the key in the ignition and try to start the car withdrawing the key completely each time. This has only happened to me twice because I just don't lock the car anymore. I keep nothing of value in it ever. Each time I got the car to start after waiting and apparently it will start after some time if you push to roll down the driver side window... Haven't been able to find any other mention of this on the internet, somehow this was the trick to getting the car to start again after my remote quit working, and like you i only have a worn down ignition key. It worked for me with all doors except for the drivers side closed. I just kept trying to insert the key and start it, while rolling the drivers side window up and down. Eventually it started after like 30 minutes and after one press to roll down the drivers side window.
this happened to my wife tonight with her 89' maxima but the alarm went off while she had the car in gear and opened the passenger side door to shut it all the way she got the alarm off but the car would not crank..... lights, radio, everything was working just would not turn over I took the keys out locked the driverside door and put in the key and it resets the alarm and car started right up:)
there is a chip inside your car key some times gets damage or the car computer gets damage and no longer recognize your key chip this causes the anti theft system to prevent the fuel injectors to open and the engine will not start because has no gas.
the security light stain on is your hint of what is going on.
I had the same problem on a 99 Nissan Maxima but i got the car running again what you need to do is replace the engine computer and then call a locksmith to reprogram your key to be recognize by the new computer i when to a lot of pain and suffer to get this solve.
before changing any thing make sure the plastic part of the key is not broken, if it is call your locksmith to make you a new one before changing any thing.
NOTE do not use a computer from a salvage yard unless you get to see the actual car it came from
if it came from a car than has the body in one piece do not buy it
its real hard to diagnose this problem and
chances are it came there because of the same problem you have.
if the car looks like it was in a crash the computer is more likely to be good.
but its always best to get it rebuild or brand new if you can. after you change the computer call the locksmith to get you car key reprogram.
Do not use a computer from a 98 or 2000 because they will not work no mater what the salvage yard tells you they are to make money not to help you so it has to be 99 only.