Question about 2005 Saturn VUE
My 2005 saturn vue traction light was coming on along with abs brakes ligts then the car wouldn't accel . car running fine till changed front tires
Only a few basic things are necessary for the engine operation 1. Fuel (To be exact proper air/fuel ratio, normally it is about 14/1)
2. Spark (in appropriate moment)
3. Proper timing (the valves should open and close only in appropriate time)
4. Compression in the cylinders (Normal compression is 120 - 170 psi. The engine won't start if the compression is lower than 70 - 80 psi.)
Plus, to start the engine, the battery, the starter and the starter circuit should be OK.
If the engine won't start - there's no magic - one of these things is probably missing. Most often it's a spark- or fuel- related problem, but often it could be very simple things like dead battery.
If the car won't start, check simple things first:
Make sure you have a fuel in the tank, oil in the engine and the battery is OK, follow this link - How to check the battery
Now simply answer the questions, press "Yes" or "No" (If it's blue, follow the link).
- Do you hear the cranking sound when you're trying to start your car? (Yes No )
- When you switch the ignition ON before starting a car, does the "check engine" light come ON? (Yes No )
- When you switch the ignition ON, do you hear fuel pump buzzing sound from the gas tank area? (Yes No )
Before your engine died, did you experience any prior events such as:
- leaving the lights ON overnight (Yes No)
- driving through a deep puddle, or washing the engine compartment? (Yes No)
- trying a jump start? (Yes No)
- having only a little fuel in a tank? (Yes No)
- having had the engine repaired recently? (Yes No)
- the engine was overheated? (Yes No)
- extremely low oil pressure? (Yes No)
- unusual noises such as knocking, pinging, whistling? (Yes No)
- smoking from exhaust pipe? (Yes No)
- strong smell of a gas? (Yes No)
Now, let's try again. Turn off the radio, try to crank the engine one more time, and listen carefully. Is the cranking sounds different than it used to be? If it's different, does it looks like the engine being cranked by the starter too slowly? (Yes No)
Is the engine being cranked too fast? (Yes No)
Hope this may help;
DON'T FORGET TO RATE::
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2016 | Saturn Cars & Trucks
Oct 16, 2015 | 2004 Saturn VUE
Jul 25, 2014 | 2004 Saturn L-Series
Apr 22, 2014 | 2004 Saturn VUE
Feb 03, 2013 | 2004 Saturn VUE
Jun 13, 2012 | 2004 Saturn VUE
Jun 19, 2009 | 2005 Saturn VUE
Mar 18, 2009 | 2004 Saturn VUE
Feb 18, 2009 | 2004 Saturn VUE
479 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: