How to install 1994 camry radiator
- Drain the coolant into a container, by opening the drain tap, or if that is not present, loosening the lower radiator hose.
- Remove upper and lower radiator hoses, and the reservoir hose from the filler neck
- Disconnect the wiring connector to the fan motor
- Remove the cruise control actuator cover if necessary to gain more space
- unbolt the fan shroud from the radiator and remove the fan and shroud
- on an auto, remove the trans cooler lines from the bottom of the radiator, and plug the lines
- unbolt the radiator and lift it out. Take care not to lose the rubber insulators on the radiator mounts. Clean with compressed air.
- install in reverse, taking care the rubber mount insulators are in place. Unless they are very new, take this opportunity to replace both radiator hoses. Refill the radiator.
- Test drive for a short distance and top up, if needed, the radiator, and auto trans if fitted. Red low silicate antifreeze additive is recommended for these engines. Do not mix red and green types.
Nov 20, 2011 |
1994 Toyota Camry