Question about Ford Taurus
This is a big job which involves discharging and removing parts of the A/C system as well as removing parts of the dash. I had the core done on a 94 Sable years ago and it was a very labor intensive and expensive job. Here are some instructions I found for a 94 Taurus which should be the same thing or similiar, but I don't guarantee that. Please note that these instructions were not tested by me and may contain errors or be incomplete in some way. For example "remove instrument panel" sounds simple but in reality is a process in itself requiring the removal of many screws. Naturally you would have to recharge the A/C and refill the coolant when done.
1. Remove instrument panel and lay it on front seat.
2. Remove A/C evaporator housing as outlined.
3. Remove vacuum source line from heater dash panel seal (18529).
4. Remove heater dash panel seal from heater core tubes (refer to Heater Case Assembly).
5. Remove four heater core access cover retaining screws and remove heater core cover (18B300) from A/C evaporator housing.
6. Lift heater core and seals from A/C evaporator housing.
1. Transfer three foam core seals to new heater core.
2. Install heater core and seals into A/C evaporator housing.
3. Position heater core cover on A/C evaporator housing. Install four retaining screws.
4. Install heater dash panel seal on heater core tubes.
5. Install vacuum source line through heater dash panel seal.
6. Install A/C evaporator housing into vehicle as outlined.
7. Reinstall dashboard components.
Best of Luck!
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
Very big and time consuming job, you can wreck electronic connections and really end up with a useless car that won't even start. I would take it to a ford dealer with a good reputation, it's worth the cost.
Posted on Mar 13, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | 1993 Ford Taurus
Nov 28, 2009 | 1993 Ford Taurus
Nov 15, 2009 | 1993 Ford Taurus
Mar 11, 2009 | 1993 Ford Taurus
Aug 23, 2008 | 1999 Ford Taurus
Jul 25, 2008 | 1992 Ford Taurus
1,786 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!