Question about 1989 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

1 Answer

1989 Chevrolet S-10

Dent push rod can this be a lifter or more ?

Posted by on

  • stancik420 Oct 23, 2008

    yeah sounds like i got a little tick in the 2400 to 3000 rpm range. lifter, push rod????? can u give me a pointer????



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Check timing chain position,your timing could be off or bad fuel.

Posted on Oct 30, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do you replace the lifters in a 1995 chevy 5.7l

Like any other vehicle, you must remove the heads to access the lifters. The lifters ride on the cam, and can be lifted out of their chambers when the rockers and push rods are removed.

Jul 20, 2014 | Chevrolet Chevy Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Why rocker arms wont pick up oil in 1969 357 chevrolet

I'm not aware of a 357 engine in a '69 Chevy. I'll assume it's a 327. The rocker arms in that engine get their oil from the lifter through a hollow push rod. Make sure you can see through the push rod and the hole in rocker arm is clear. If everything looks OK you probably have a problem with the lifters.

Jul 13, 2011 | Chevrolet Chevy Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Engine not failed oil pressure good engine ticking think it is rod bearings how do you replace on 1997 chev Blazer

hold up rod bearings were did you get that?lets take it from the top.camshaft lobs move lifters on rotation,which lifters move push rods,push rods push valves up and down,which other side of valves push up and down valve stems,which open and close exhaust and intake stems.ok now were clear on that to see your push rods.take off your valve covers on side with tick.1.check for valve loosness.need a feeler gauge for this and specs for you truck to do this.because ticking is mostly associated with valve loosness or to tight.2.if rod is bad loosin valves but not off and inspect the rods for bends.on a flat surface.replace if bend.also make sure they to go back in same place.and repeat step 1.finally noise continues need to take in and checked possible internal damage.

Aug 17, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

1 Answer

Push rod replacement?The push rod seat is missing and the push rod just falls through. What should I do?

Where did it go?? Just wore through? You have to get the lifter out of there and replace it with a new one, or a used one. For some reason, it is not getting oil. You might be finding more damage as you go. One of these days you are going to have to fix that engine right, new cam, lifters, etc. You can make a hook out of 1/4 inch rod, grind a flat spot in it with a small shelf left at the bottom for the hook, it will grab the edge of the lifter and pull it out. Hope this helps.

Jun 23, 2010 | 1989 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

I have a lifter that it ticking on a 1989 Mazda 323 Se with a 1.6 liter engine . . . Can it be adusted?

The 1.6 has hydraulic non adjustable lifters and that lifter tick has been a thorn in their side ever since the 1.6's inception.
The way to eliminate the noise is of course replace the lifter/lifters use a cam lube on the lifters bottom and let the new lifters soak in an oil can overnight.
Check for bent push rods when you have it opened up, R&R valve cover,R&R rockers R&R pushrods, Remove and Replace the lifters.

Jun 21, 2010 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Push rodes are knoking needs replaced 2.8liter v6 discontinued engine

push rods dont knock?? they are hollow rods that the lifters push up and pump oil thru to rocker arm that then pushes down on a valve and opens it if u bent the push rods or any other part of the head valve train most auto parts stores or on line parts sell them including dealer

Mar 30, 2010 | 1984 Chevrolet S-10

1 Answer

I need to find out where the push rods are at in

If it has push rods, you will find them under the rocker cover on the top of the engine, they are hiding under the rockers. The rods ride on a lifter that rides on the cam and then they push the valves down, and squirt oil all over everything, a spring brings them back up. The overhead cam eliminated all these extra parts. Lifters, rods, rockers. Hope this helps.

Mar 21, 2010 | 1989 Toyota Cressida

1 Answer

Knocking under the valve cover what is the adjustment for the push rods

its zero lash u have hydraulic lifters the noise can be from a bad lifter ,bent rod or burnt or bent valve

Oct 01, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet Camaro

1 Answer

Oil not getting to back rocker, push rod clear. had a new head gasket put on, pulled head to see if it was put on backwards, it was not. how do you replace lifter.

Since you already have had it apart, you know at what point you can see the lifter. Lifter pulls straight up out of its bore, new one drops right in. If cam contact surface is worn concave, you need to replace cam as well. Always use assembly lube on lifter/cam contact surface when installing.

Apr 23, 2009 | 1990 Chevrolet S 10 4WD

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

27 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts


Level 3 Expert

77186 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22265 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides