Question about 1998 Buick Regal
After it dies is the security light blinking?
Posted on May 29, 2011
A number of different GM vehicles have the passlock. And there are a number of problems that go with it. I have looked tirelessly for answers and this is what I have found.
1. turn the key to ACC and leave it on for 10 minutes. then switch back to off, pull the key out and put it back in to start the vehicle. this resets the passlock.
2. If the left turn signal usage makes a buzz, and right turn signal kills the engine, you need a new turn signal switch.
3. If the ignition will not let you pull the key out or any other issue with the ignition, you need a new ignition switch and matching key.
4. there is a way to bypass the passlock through hard wiring around the solenoid. this however is very tricky and can be found on most grand am forums.
5. Sometimes when you are having security/ignition/any problem at all... You need to "flash" your vehicles BCM or PCM.
6. The passlock system should be recalled entirely and never should have been put there in the first place. hope that helps!
Posted on Apr 20, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2012 | 1998 Buick Regal
Feb 24, 2012 | 1998 Buick Regal
Nov 12, 2011 | 1998 Buick Regal
Sep 18, 2009 | 1998 Buick Regal
May 28, 2009 | 1998 Buick Regal
Mar 07, 2009 | 1998 Buick Century
Jul 16, 2008 | 2000 Buick Regal
533 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: