Question about 1995 Nissan Maxima
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
The spark plugs in the v6 can become an involved job as the upper intake manifold. The LS uses a Coil on Plug (COP) ignition system, meaning that the spark plugs are located under the ignition coil
Apr 04, 2014 | 2002 Lincoln LS
Oct 15, 2012 | 2004 GMC Envoy
1. Pull the hood release lever located under the dashboard.
2. Walk around to the front of the car, reach under the hood, find the latch and squeeze it. Open the hood.
3. Find the spark plugs, located in a row along one side of the engine (on an in-line four-cylinder engine) and attached to thick wires, called spark plug wires. Cars with V-shaped engines (which can have four, six or eight cylinders) will have spark plugs and spark plug wires on both sides of the engine.
4. Change one spark plug at a time, always putting the plug wire back on before changing the next spark plug.
5. Pull off one spark plug wire where it attaches to the plug. There is a little rubber boot at the plug end of the wire; pull on this part. Pulling higher up on the wire can damage the spark plug wire and cause it to separate.
6. Blow or wipe away any dirt or debris around the spark plug. You do not want anything to fall into the cylinder while the spark plug is out.
7. With the spark plug socket and a ratchet, remove the spark plug by turning it in a counterclockwise direction. You may need an extension for your ratchet if the spark plugs are deep-set or not directly accessible. Ratchets with flexible heads are especially helpful for hard-to-reach spark plugs.
8. Check the spark plug to make sure it needs replacing. A good spark plug should be lightly coated with greyish brown deposits. If heavy deposits are present, if the spark plug is black or if the electrode or core nose are damaged, the plug needs to be replaced.
Video - www.carbasics.co.uk - look in the 'how to' section.
Hope this is of help
Nov 28, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Stratus
May 16, 2010 | 2001 Toyota Avalon
Oct 24, 2009 | 2006 Toyota Sequoia
Jul 08, 2009 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
May 18, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tracker
Nov 27, 2008 | 2002 Saturn VUE
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: