Question about Pontiac Grand Am
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Re-synchronize the FOB if the problem is with just one key.
1. Hold down both buttons simultaneously until the fob LED goes out. (10 seconds)
2. Release both buttons -- the LED should come on and stay on.
3. Press the larger fob button for a second, and the LED should flash.
IF re-synchronization doesn't work, you may have to replace the fob. Call customer service with your PIN (on the key-card that came with the keys). IF you don't have the PIN, then you need to call customeor service to confirm/register your ownership of the car.
If the keys are re-synchronized and it still doesn't work:
1. Re-synchronize as above, if you have not done so.
2. Turn the ignition on 3 times within 7 seconds. The red light above the odometer should light and stay on for 3 seconds.
3. Enter the PIN. Immediately after the red light goes out as per 2 above, switch on the ignition and count the number of flashes until it equals the number of the first digit on your PIN, then turn the ignition off, then on again. Do this for all four numbers.
4. What a pain, but if you get it wrong on a count, then you can restart by turning the ignition off for 10 seconds.
5. After the fourth digit, if the PIN is correct, the red light will stay on. Then you can re-test the fobs, and it should work.
Otherwise, call customer service.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
I have the same problem with my Z3 alarm going off, a local BMW specialist has traced it to the pitch sensor which has been damaged due to a water leak, the wires are also corroded. They have quoted £200 to fix it, but advise that the water leak is sealed first because it'll just get damaged again. I've had a look round and it appears the water is getting in by the off side light cluster via the boot gutter.
Posted on Oct 26, 2009
i have a rover 25 and the key fob is not opening the car i could use the key to open it but the alarm will go off and cant stop it without the fob...
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Try this,,turn the key on ,wait 10 minutes,then turn the key off,then right back on,do this three times,a total of 30 minutes,this should reset the key fob,if this is the problem.
Posted on Apr 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 18, 2015 | 1998 Lincoln Town Car
Mar 29, 2014 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Sep 17, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 26, 2011 | 1997 Honda Odyssey
Jul 03, 2009 | 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Jun 23, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
Jan 15, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler Sebring
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: