Question about 2003 Kia Spectra
Have fun with this one because it is very time consuming task to do just make sure you have the car jacked up properly with jack stands to take off the car tire but the problem also here is that there is a spring loaded high pressure downward so you need another jack underneath where your trying to take off the front wheel bearings and hub. You also should go to advance auto parts and ask them for a kit that will keep the spring stationary that will help you work safely with the high pressure spring. make sure that this spring does not let lose or it can hit you fast and kill you so please take your time in this matter and do it safely and VERY slow. I almost got hit myself in the past by doing this but was able to get the work done myself but it took alot of time because it was my first time doing this. You have to take the tire off after you jack up car and put jack stands. You will know what I mean but you need to make sure you have all the tools to do this work first and that some cars use Metric tools or SAE which is standard tools
Posted on May 27, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2015 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2015 | 2003 Kia Sedona
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
May 09, 2011 | 2007 Kia Spectra5
Jan 31, 2011 | 2003 Kia Spectra
Nov 16, 2009 | 2005 Kia Spectra
Oct 19, 2009 | 2002 Kia Spectra
260 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!