Tools you will need:
1. Panel removal tool
2. Philips screw driver
3. 1/4 Ratchet with extension and 8 mm socket.
4. grease to lube new regulator.
The first thing, is to remove the door panel:
1. Remove 2 screws securing hand rail to door.
2. Remove screw securing door handle escutcheon to door and remove the escutcheon.
3. Remove 4 screws securing pocket to door.
4. Carefully release 10 clips securing trim casing to door. (Best to use
a door panel removal tool, the plastic clips break very easy)
5. Disconnect multi-plug from upper door speaker. Do the same for lower speaker
6. Remove trim panel from door.
7. Remove the plastic vapor barrier , care full not to destroy. (You may
have to cut around some things such as the hand rail brackets.)
At this point you will be able to see the regulator and motor through
the small holes in the door. At this stage a small flash light is very
to see such things as the power connector for the window motor.
1. Loosen the two bolts in the slotted holes, shown above.
2. Remove the remaining 4 bolts securing regulator assembly to door.
3. Lower glass and loosen the 2 bolts securing door glass to regulator. Then slide the channel bar forward to remove.
4. Disconnect the power from the window motor.
5. lift the window and secure in the up position ( I used Duct tape).
6. Collapse all the arms and maneuver the old regulator out the center hole in door.
Assembly is basically the reverse of the removal procedures:
1. take the two screws that you partially removed out of the old
regulator and install them partially install them into the new
2. Work the new regulator through the center hole.
3. Connect the power to the regulator motor.
4. Lower the window glass, take the channel that secures the glass to
the regulator, insert it over the tow bolts that were loosened in step 2
5. Raise the window and secure.
6. Insert the 2 bolts on regulator through the keyed holes in the door and finger tighten.
7. line up the rest of the bolt holes and install the remaining two
bolts in both the regulator and then tighten two bolts in step 6 above
8. install the two in the bottom channel.
9. Now is a good time to test..........
Then all that is left to install the hook up the speaker(s) and mount the door panel.
1. Position trim panel close to the door and connect door speaker(s) multi-plug(s).
2. Secure door panel to door with clips.
3. insert escutcheon to door handle and secure with screw.
4. Secure hand rail to door with two screws.
5. Fit pocket to door and secure with four screws."