Question about 1985 Ford F 250
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: fuel pump for 1985 f-250
Please use this link :
Good luck hope this site will help you , have a good going.....
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
can't remeber if i told u how, there is a small access hole under the lock tumbler in the column trim... with the key inserted in the on position. insert a small awl or perhaps a #1 philips screwdriver into the access hole, it will release the lock, just pull out the entire unit with key
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
SOURCE: ford F 250 1996 need
1) Remove steering wheel.
2) Remove the turn signal lever.
3) Remove two-piece plastic column cover that hides column where it meets dash.
4) Drop column down and remove ignition switch. Put column back up but do nottighten bolts.
5) Remove ignition lock cylinder.
6) Remove lock cylinder gear (snap ring pliers required). It is down in thehole that you took the lock cylinder out of.
7) Disconnect turn signal switch harness and then pull turn signal switch outand let it hang by wires.
8) Remove ignition lock cylinder collar (slide it over the turn signal switch).
9) Press actuator and rod towards dash so you can remove the actuator gear (thething with the gear teeth on it that is linked to the actuator and rod).
10) Remove the snap ring on steering shaft.
11) Remove the little round metal bar (multiple bends in it) and two clips thatoperate the tilt. PAY ATTENTION HERE - there is a little spring like out of penthat is behind it with a metal cap on it. Remove that so you don't lose it.
12) Drive the pin out of the tilt lock lever on the underside of the column.There is a spring underneath it with a plastic pad so pull those out too so youdon't lose them.
13) Thread a bolt or screw into the inside threaded pins that hold the tilttogether and pull them out. You should put the tilt all the way up before youdo this so you unload the spring.
14) Slide the tilt collar towards you on the shaft enough to get the actuatorand rod out.
15) Pull the actuator and rod out. Put in vise and drive the little pin out toseparate rod and actuator. Reassemble with new actuator. TIP - use a pair ofpliers to press the pin back in so you don't have to hit on it with a hammer.
16) Put a light coat of grease on the slides where the actuator goes and putthe assembled actuator and rod back into column.
17) Put a light coat of grease on the swivelwhere the tilt collar goes and press the pins back in. TIP - You will befighting the spring to do this so it helps to stick a screw in one side to holdit in place, then line up the other side and put a pin in. Once you have thepin in on one side, replace the screw on the first side with the other pin.
18) Reassemble starting with step #12 and go in reverse. TIP - Put a lightcoating of grease in the lock cylinder collar where the actuator gear andcylinder gear go.
This is NOT my original instruction sheet but you will find it will work for you.
Gary @ Fix Ya
Posted on Jul 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2013 | 1985 Ford F 250
Dec 26, 2010 | 1985 Ford F 250
Nov 19, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
Nov 19, 2009 | 1988 Ford F 250
Oct 20, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
May 03, 2017 | 2001 Ford Expedition
Sep 12, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
Sep 02, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
Aug 22, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
Feb 02, 2009 | 1985 Ford F 250
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: