Ribbed Belt: Service and Repair
Ribbed Belt, Removing and Installing
Ribbed belt, removing and installing
CAUTION: Mark the direction of belt travel before removing, using a crayon or marker. Reinstalling a used belt in the opposite direction
could damage the belt
There are two different types of ribbed belt, identified as versions A and B.
Ribbed belt versions, identifying, refer to Application and ID
Old version A
- Remove ribbed belt guard.
- Loosen ribbed belt tensioner using 15 mm wrench and drift 3204.
- Remove ribbed belt.
New version B
- Using 10 mm hex socket wrench, turn downward in direction of arrow to loosen ribbed belt.
Install in reverse order of removal, noting the following:
- Place ribbed belt over drive pulleys and idler roller first, and onto tensioning roller last.
- Remove drift 3204.
- Install ribbed belt guard.