Question about 2002 Ford Excursion

1 Answer

Driver side valve cover hose what is it and how do i replace it i have broken off nipple

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Ford Master
  • 4,369 Answers

I believe it is for crankcase ventilation of vapors. It connects to the PCV valve. JB Weld would be the best way to attach it. Clean the area and wipe with alcohol to get any oil resdue off. Then JB Weld it.

Posted on May 22, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Location heater control valve 1995 caravan.... Does it go to the driver side heater core port or the passanger side?

The valve goes into the larger of the two hoses, to make it simpler it goes into the hose that gets the hottest. This is the heater core inlet nipple.

Jun 27, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the thermostat on my 1997 buick century?

Driver side of engine, just follow the top radiator hose to the engine, drain the coolant, disconnect the upper hose at engine and you will see the T-stat under the cover plate with the hose nipple on it.

May 22, 2016 | Buick Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 2007 Saturn outlook. I need to know what hooks up to the nipple on the intake on the passenger side

nipples on intake manifolds are used for vacuum access ports so check for a vacuum hose broken off, missing vacuum gauge hose ,PCV valve hose ,anything that requires vacuum to operate-gear box operation.

May 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Any advice on why my saab 93 smokes when hot and stationary

If it is smoking in the engine bay, check the PCV nipple. Stand in front of the car with bonnet open, and with the (rougly) trangular cover that is placed around the motor oil cap removed, look at the Valve cover - the black metallic engine part that says SAAB on it. On the left side of the farthest edge of the valve cover, there is a rubber piece that allows venting through a rubber hose. 46c4478f-2089-4631-9485-738202997749.jpg
If this is cracked or missing, you will see and smell smoke. This nipple/grommet needs to be replaced. What is called a PCV update should be performed - yo can DIY it through a web search. The parts all together cost about $70 or so.

Good luck!

Sep 22, 2013 | Saab 9 3 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replace PVC valve

model/year???its in most toyota's(all?)valve cover-alittle plastic press in item like almost a small fuel filter-about 2" long-about a 1/2 hose nipple-its bad if you shake it & the ball in it doesn't rattle

Mar 20, 2013 | Toyota Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Am I to understand the pcv is located under the valve cover on a 2003 sunfire?

No the pcv is on the intake manifold the hose that is on the valve cover is just a hose and nipple the PCV is on the intake

Mar 06, 2012 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

1 Answer

Removed the crowl cover to replace intake manifold and dicovered that i missed a vacuum line that possibly goes to the all i get is cold air where does this vacuum hose go?

right hand side of the engine under the cowl you will see a vacuum reservoir( black plastic canister) on it a small nipple from which your vacuum hose shld. be connected.The hose shld be connected on the upper side of the reservoir used your finger tip to locate the nipple

Feb 09, 2010 | 2000 Ford Windstar

2 Answers

I need to replace my pcv valve

on almost all 4.6s the pcv is on the passenger valve cover. it is usually black and has a hose going to it. the hose is about 1/2" or more in diameter. just pull out of cover and pull off hose to replace. why do you want to replace?

May 07, 2009 | 2004 Mercury Mountaineer

3 Answers

Chevy s10 broken vacuum line

The plastic line in the wiring harness goes to the heater controls; and believe it or not , the other end goes to the vacuum tank - but its in the FENDER !!!!! behind the ABS, kinda under the drivers side hood hinge - great place to put one ain't it ? No wonder GM is going broke !! Good Luck

Aug 03, 2008 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Not finding what you are looking for?
2002 Ford Excursion Logo

Related Topics:

64 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22246 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5546 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides