Question about Volkswagen Passat

1 Answer

I need to find out what the name of the front lower frame crossmember is called on a '96 Passat wagon. It's the one just to the front of the vehicle from the crossmember that has the front center motor mount on it. I can't locate it anywhere in diagrams & need to do a used part search for it, so need to know what it's called. thanks!

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 3,489 Answers

Call Silverstar Porsche/Mercedes recycling. They carry VW parts as well and are very helpful.
(866)307-7300 in Fresno, CA

Posted on May 20, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I replace a front suspension crossmember on a Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4?

The actual crossmember is not very heavy but since it is bent, there may be other "stressed" portions of the frame.
- I would slack off the bolts to determine the effect before fully removing them. Also would measure betweeen the bolt holes on the replacement and the bolts on the vehicle. If the distances are different, some frame moving may be required. That could take some force.
- If the slack bolt position allows the crossmember to be wiggled easily, I'd remove it and work at getting the replacement installed.
WORK SAFE! Don't get under the vehicle unless it is on a hoist or on jack stands.

Oct 22, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do I remove the front crossmember for a 2004 Suzuki vitara

RTM yet

read the FSM the factory service manual, it's 4 bucks read it please and ask
any questions not clear, it's all there.

on mine you cant, it's a real frame.. remove it with a plasma cutter?
but you never said what it held up?
the transmission has a cross member. that?
nor did you even say the JOB so we can know what you are ATTEMPTING. ???????

the front frame cross member is a frame, not a part.
it holds the lower suspension A arms . that?

Oct 19, 2014 | 2004 Suzuki Vitara

1 Answer

Control arm replace

to replace control arm, you need place jackstands under the frame and lower vechicle so the weight of the vechicle rests on the jackstands and not on the control arms, then remove the front wheel remove ball joint and nut, remove steering knuckle from the lower ball joint using tool KM 507 B. remove control arm to crossmember nut and bolt, remove rear crossmember to body bolt and remove control arm.torque control arm to crossmember nut and bolt 81 ft lbs, torque ball joint to steering knuckle bolt nut 44 ft lbs.torque crossmember to body bolt to 145 ft lbs.

Feb 15, 2012 | 2001 Daewoo Nubira

2 Answers

Where is the sensor for the airbag on a yukon 2005 located at on the truck

Front Airbag sensors are located on the radiator support beam behind the bumper. In this video, you can see them. You don't need to remove the bumper - they just have it off to let you see where they are. Should be able to see them if you climb under the truck.

Jul 18, 2011 | 2005 GMC Yukon

1 Answer

Help been to auto store 3x looking for bolt/bushing metal plates located one n each side of radiator attaching crossmember to frame 1990 crown vic wagon deer got me needs replacement what...

It seems as though you are describing the radiator support bracket (metal pieces on each side that stabilize the radiator as well as the fan shroud) and the radiator mounting bolts

Mar 01, 2011 | 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

1 Answer

I just bought a 2005 passat wagon. It is great

you must remove the inner lower panel on the hatch and lubricate the lock mechanism and solenoid.

Watch out for the hidden screws in the lift handle cutouts.

Get 6 new panel clips from a VW dealer before you start.

Oct 01, 2009 | 2005 Volkswagen Passat

1 Answer

Need to know how to replace lower control arm


1) Raise and support vehicle. 3) Remove the steering knuckle.
Remove the bolts fastening the power steering cooler to the front suspension cradle crossmember reinforcement (Fig. 21). 5) Remove the lower control arm rear bushing retainer bolts located on each side of each lower control arm rear bushing. NOTE: The bolts fastening the cradle crossmember reinforcement are of three different thread sizes. Note the location of the various sizes.

6) Remove the bolts attaching the cradle crossmember reinforcement to the front suspension cradle crossmember (Fig. 22). Remove the 2 bolts fastening the reinforcement and rear of cradle crossmember to the body of the vehicle. Remove the reinforcement. 7) Remove the pivot bolt attaching the front bushing of the lower control arm to the front suspension cradle crossmember. 8) Remove the lower control arm.

Sep 25, 2009 | 2006 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

Need to know what other transmissions can bolt up to a 70 olds cutlass 350?

Tou can use any olds pont or buick 350 out of an earlier car that had a V-8. you can also install a 400 using a crossmember from a car that had a200r4 tranny in it. providing your car has a frame mount welded in on the left frame rail. otherwise you have to relocate the tranny mount on the exsisting crossmember.
I have an 81 buick that now has a455 olds with a th400 in it, I asol have an 80 cutlass with a 403 and th350 from a 78 pont wagon in it
the trick is to use the non lock-up version of the TH350.

Hope this helps

May 04, 2009 | 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

1 Answer

I dont know what is the name for the metal bar that holds the grill and radiator and latch support called

The radiator support usually runs along the front of the vehicle, just behind the grille. It is a metal bar or frame connected to both fenders and is made to hold and support the radiator. Also, the radiator support is designed to attach the mudguard skirts at their front borders. This vehicle component is often installed as a whole assembly. The complete radiator support assembly is composed of side support panel (RH or LH radiator support), upper tie bar (upper radiator support), lower crossmember (lower radiator support) and the hood latch support (center radiator support).

The radiator support is also known as core support since it supports the automobile’s radiator core. Other names for radiator support are front bulkhead or front panel. Aside from supporting the radiator, it also holds some other vehicle parts such as condenser and hood latch. The radiator support is typically assembled from mild steel hydroformed tube which is molded into a sturdy yet lightweight panel.

Jan 04, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

127 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Volkswagen Experts

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers


Level 3 Expert

75817 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8180 Answers

Are you a Volkswagen Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides