Question about 1996 Oldsmobile 88
Hello there good man or woman
Lets start off like this there is 50 different things that can cause these issues but will start with the simple things in a list. So here it goes
1. bad spark plugs (carbon fouled,fuel fouled,oil fouled, heat glazed, or just worn out rounded electrode's )
2. spark plug wires (there is no simple way to check this but there cheap and easy to try)
3. distributor cap & igniton rotor (or coil pack if so equipped) could be corroded carbon glazed heat glazed again thought both rotor button and distributor cap are cheap and easy to change. If it is a coil cheap to and just as easy on both this is were plug wires connet to on the oppsite end of spark plugs.
4. coil pick up (this sits underneath distributor cap and rotor and is cheap and easy to fix aswell)
5. clogged air filter
6. bad pcv valve
7. bad egr valve
8. bad fuel pressure regulator
9.bad fuel pump or clogged strainer
10. vaccum line leaking or off
I know with all that being said may sound overwelming but most are easy to fix and cheap this is what i would so first do a good tune up this includes new spark plugs , plug wires, air filter , pcv valve,fuel filter distributor cap and rotor (or coil pack if so equipped ) .
That will most likley fix your problem
If it helps please leave 4 thumbs up and if it works a testomnial thanks
Posted on May 20, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 19, 2013 | 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Oct 14, 2012 | 1994 Oldsmobile 88
Sep 24, 2012 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 05, 2011 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jul 15, 2011 | 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
May 11, 2017 | 1996 Oldsmobile 88
323 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: