Question about 1997 Ford Expedition
How many wires to a starter and where so they go
Posted on Jun 20, 2011
Click the link below, for complete procedure with detailed instructions and diagrams:--- http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-replace-starter-on-1997-ford.html --------------- Thanks.
Posted on May 19, 2011
Here is the picture:
And this is removal manual:
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
3. Remove the starter terminal cover.
4. Remove the terminal nut and separate the battery starter cable from the starter motor.
5. Disconnect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
? To disconnect the hard-shell connector from the solenoid (S) terminal, grasp the plastic shell and pull off; do not pull on the wire. Pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and (S) terminal.
6. Remove the starter motor retaining bolts.
7. Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.
8. Place the starter motor in position and install the starter motor retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
9. Install the battery starter cable and a terminal nut to the starter motor. Tighten the terminal nuts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
10. Connect the solenoid (S) terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
11. Install the starter solenoid safety cap. If equipped.
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine several times to check starter motor
Posted on May 19, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2016 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Mar 08, 2015 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Feb 15, 2013 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Jan 31, 2013 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Sep 05, 2012 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Apr 18, 2010 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Mar 31, 2010 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Jan 21, 2010 | 1997 Ford Expedition
Mar 16, 2009 | 1997 Honda Accord
Dec 15, 2008 | 1997 Ford Ranger SuperCab
705 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: