Question about 1998 Dodge Caravan
I just pulled the panels out starting with the top center then the bottom center. I then pulled the panel straight out. Grab the arm and twist it to open the window. There are 2 - 3/8 (10 MM) headed bolts holding the motor in. Remove the bolts then open the window as far as you can. The motor won't fit through the vent opening but you can pull the arm out a little farther. If you look closely, you will see a "C" type clip which is inserted into the bottom of the round knuckle joint just before the piece that fastens to the window. Spray this joint with a little WD-40. Wait a few minutes for the WD-40 to work then stick either a small flat screwdriver or a pointed awl into the round part of the clip. Pry this clip out very gently. Once the clip is out, the motor arm will release very easily. Reverse to reinstall.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2015 | 2006 Kia Sorento
on Apr 24, 2012 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
Jul 16, 2014 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 11, 2010 | 1998 Ford Escort
Oct 13, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 09, 2008 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
May 16, 2008 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
697 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!