Where is the computer module on the 2006 f350
Location of Keyless Code on Computer Module of Ford F250 Superduty ( 2009 )
Finding this code seems to be a common problem, so, here is a better answer to save you the time I spent locating the sticker on the computer module that shows the keyless entry code.
One owners from 2008 F150 XLT Superduty tell me and I suspect the location for a F150 would be very near same location as on a F250
The computer module is mounted high on the firewall approximately behind the a/c fan speed control knob. Here is how to find it / get to it:
1. Remove the large cover under the steering column that covers the fuse block. You'll need to reach in under the dash, with your left arm, to the right of the steering column and left of center to move stuff to get a clear view.
2. Open the storage pocket door on the lower edge of the dash (right of the steering column) and squeeze the back side of the storage pocket to allow the stops to pass to the front. This will allow the opening to be clear to see the computer module up in the dash. Shine your flash light through this opening.
3. Move the first piece of white insulation to the side to see the firewall. Look up through the pocket door, moving the wiring harnesses aside if necessary. You'll find a second white insulation wrapped snugly across the computer module. When you push the insulation up to see the flat surface, you see the 5 digit number printed up-side-down in black on a white sticker. This is your keyless entry code.
Instructions for Programming Keyless Entry Code (from the 2008 Owner's Manual)
KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM (IF EQUIPPED)
You can use the keyless entry keypad to lock or unlock the doors without using a key.
The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5-digit entry code; this code is located on the owner's wallet card in the glove box, is marked on the computer module, and is available from your authorized dealer. You can also create your own 5-digit personal entry code.
When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.
Programming a personal entry code
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code. The driver door will unlock.
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
4. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode has been programmed into the module.
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I`ll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.
Thank you for using FixYa, have a nice day.
Aug 02, 2012 |
2006 Ford F 350 Super Duty