alldata.com, log in and read that yet?
did you look at this near FSM?
the 21 steps, read them yet?. did you make it to step 21,?
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove engine cover and bracket.
- Evacuate A/C system.
- Remove accessory drive belt.
- Remove cooling fan and fan shroud.
- Remove charge air cooler outlet hose to intake manifold.
- Remove fan support assembly.
- Remove timing belt outer cover.
- Using special tool VM.1055, remove high pressure injection pump sprocket retaining nut.
- Install feet from VM.1067 in injection pump sprocket as shown.
- Install inner flange of special tool VM.1067 on injection pump sprocket as shown. Secure flange to feet in injection pump sprocket with Allen bolts supplied with tool.
- Screw the high pressure injection pump sprocket holding plate assembly into flange of VM.1067. Using left hand threaded bolt supplied, secure holding pl
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
High pressure lines deliver diesel fuel under extreme pressure from the injection pump to the fuel injectors. This may be as high as 23,200 psi.(1600 bar). Use extreme caution when inspecting for high pressure fuel leaks. Fuel under this amount of pressure can penetrate skin causing personal injury or death. Inspect for high pressure fuel leaks with a sheet of cardboard. Wear safety goggles and adequate protective clothing when servicing fuel system.
- ate assembly to timing belt inner cover.
- Disconnect A/C lines at compressor.
- Remove charge air inlet hose.
- Remove the EGR airflow control valve from the intake manifold.
- Remove high pressure injection pump to fuel rail high pressure line.
- Disconnect high pressure injection pump quantity control valve electrical connector.
- Disconnect fuel supply and return lines at high pressure injection pump.
- Remove alternator to intake manifold bracket.
21 Remove high pressure injection pump retaining nuts and remove pump.
Care must be taken not to bend the brake vacuum tube when removing high pressure pump.
if you learn a short cut to that, please do post it.